Homemade livewells

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Specknrebel

Reaction score
I saw a post on this site about the rubbermaid livewells. Lets start from the beginning. I have been fishing the bank for most of my life unless invited on a buddies boat. I am 30 years old and finally got a 12 ft. v haul jon boat. I have the casting deck and the sitting arrangments already drawn up on paper as well as the baitwell and the livewell but where i need help is how to install it with a lid. i plan on doing the rubbermaid totes , but need help with the installation process on my boat. do i need to cut a hole in my boat in order to fill the new tanks? please help im trying to learn on my own. :)

Are you talking about filling the livewell with water? You can buy a livewell pump that will pump water into the livewell and then back out. I would not cut a hole in the boat just for a rubbermaid livewell. That's my opinion, others may have another idea.

There are sooooo many ideas about that Speck. I googled "LiveWell Diagrams" and got a ton of stuff.
A lot of UTube demos on construction as well.
jonmac3569 said:
Are you talking about filling the livewell with water? You can buy a livewell pump that will pump water into the livewell and then back out. I would not cut a hole in the boat just for a rubbermaid livewell. That's my opinion, others may have another idea.
I'm with JonMac about the cutting for a thruhull. The intake hose can be placed/clamped over the transom
allowing removal of the live well from the boat when not in use. (portable) Hope this helps...Jerry :)

Thats very helpful and i can wipe the sweat off my brow....i did not want to cut into my boat. i plan on posting some pics after i get all the materials i need for the whole modification. anyone interested can check them out. again thanks.

Latest posts