Humminbird Transducer Installation Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Landry

Reaction score
I'm about to install the tranducer on my G3, replacing a toasted Garmin. Never had a boat with a FF before, so my question is, once the transducer is adjusted to the proper angle relative to the transom, is the tranducer going to be flipper up and down as in launching/trailering, or is it going to live in one position and never get moved. Sorry for the noobie question on this. I've been doing marine electrical work for years, but never have installed a FF.

Bob Landry said:
I'm about to install the tranducer on my G3, replacing a toasted Garmin. Never had a boat with a FF before, so my question is, once the transducer is adjusted to the proper angle relative to the transom, is the tranducer going to be flipper up and down as in launching/trailering, or is it going to live in one position and never get moved. Sorry for the noobie question on this. I've been doing marine electrical work for years, but never have installed a FF.

Should be set and stay that way unless you hit something. Make sure it doesn't interfere with any bunks/rollers or straps.

sf

depending on wich unit and transducer you have, some can be installed so they will kick up if you hit something but i would leave it in the locked position. if you will be hitting stuff with your transducer you will have a lot more to worry about besides your transducer....

Latest posts