I own a tin boat because:

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318772#p318772 said:
Country Dave » 14 Jun 2013, 12:11[/url]"]"I find that the older I get the more I want to be AWAY from everyone else, not sitting on a sandbar partying with them."

X2
Thats my thinking exactly..I really ain't the loner type but like to fish in peace and quiet...me and mrs

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318772#p318772 said:
Country Dave » 14 Jun 2013, 12:11[/url]"]"I find that the older I get the more I want to be AWAY from everyone else, not sitting on a sandbar partying with them."

X2
X3 I like to have the sandbar all to myself.....with my tinboat that is possible.

Because I like to buy things that I can fix. After having rebuilt a glass boat, I don't want to ever have to put a transom in one, so I stick with Aluminum. To me, an aluminum boat can be a lifetime boat if you choose. One of mine is 63 years old and has been in the family for 33 of that.

I own a tin boat because I like to run wide open in shallow stump filled water.

It's strong and goes shallow. There's more water in my bathtub than where I took it today.
No glass boat owner in their right mind would take their boat into the places I take my 16.

Light weight
Low Maintenance
Easy to Mod (and un-mod)
Economical
Low fear factor (as far as scratches, rocky banks, etc)

Sometimes I hit stuff...

Because I wanted something wide and flat to slip into/onto partially submerged brush piles for crappie and bream and I can't afford a Carolina Skiff with center console.

All of the above, but definitely price, durability and maintenance. I don't feel so bad beaching the boat on a gravel bar or boat ramp! :D

I am going to add another post to my initial comment. We fished last Saturday, clocked 45 minutes of run time on the OB and used less than a liter of gas.

The price was right I traded a kayak for my tin. Like others I have bumped into things. I really like that I can keep it loaded in my garage with fishing gear and it takes a few minutes to hook it to the truck and hit the lake. Takes longer to pack the ice cest.

Latest posts