Jay415's Alumacraft MV1648

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm good, my cavitation plate is about 1 1/2" below the bottom of the hull. The previous picture was just a bad angle.
IMG_2684.jpg

Made a really dumb mistake while carpeting! #-o My carpet has a directional appearance and I did the 2 hatch covers that sit next to each other opposite directions. Now it looks like I used 2 different carpets!! The thing that really stinks is I thought about this while carpeting. But I only made sure I was carpeting on the same axis. So I ended up doing one north/south and the other south/north. #-o #-o #-o #-o oh well it is what it is!

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

I noticed it right away, but I'm not recarpeting. It'll still look good. Hopefully I can post more pics later.

When you get a year or two of dirt and fish slime on it you won't be able to notice.

WOO HOO!!! I am just about done and ready to fish!! The only thing I am going to do is add this pump and spray bar in the middle seat compartment. Which will give me a 25-30 gallon livewell. And use another pump in a temporary manner to pump water in and out. I'll shopvac the rest of the water out and clean when I get home. If I find myself using the livewell a lot I will pipe it permanently. But I think this will be good enough for my needs. and I'll use it as storage when the livewell isn't needed. (which is 95% of the time)
IMG_2717.jpg

And here is the completed boat. (for now at least!! LOL!! ) I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and comments!! Thanks so much to gillhunter for all his help and brainstorming with me! His boat was the inspiration that sparked my project!! Thanks to everyone else on the site that gave there input to help me complete this build!!

IMG_6955.jpg

IMG_6958.jpg

IMG_6953.jpg

IMG_6961.jpg

IMG_6959.jpg

That 210D onboard charger...does it charge the battery in the back too? I noted they only come with 5' cable....am considering same, but have one up front and one in back...5' isn't going to cut it.

Here's my livewell/storage which is 16"W, 33"L, 14"H
I added an aeration pump and spraybar which is wired to my switch panel. I'll use another pump to fill/empty/water change and plug it into the cigarette lighter socket.

207fa7bf.jpg

KevinWI said:
That 210D onboard charger...does it charge the battery in the back too? I noted they only come with 5' cable....am considering same, but have one up front and one in back...5' isn't going to cut it.

yea I only have 2 batteries and both are in the back. You have to cut the white and black wires in between the fuse and the "Y" and extend them. Manual says do not add more than 15' extension.

So you put your charger up front, but both batteries in back? ok. Thanks....btw....like the aerator....planned the same for mine...The one fabricator came up with extends too far in the tank...will break off I'm sure....like it attached to side as well.

Yea and the batteries in the stern power the TM on the bow and the switch panel on the bow! Lol I ran so many wires in this thing!

I put the batteries in the back for weight and there was no place for the charger but up front. I wanted it hidden.

As for the livewell, I originally installed a mushroom sprayer. But I like the spray bar better.

NIce build Jay, that is a fine looking boat and your attention to detail is #1
Thanks for sharing the build with us all.

Latest posts