Jay415's Alumacraft MV1648

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't installed one yet for that reason. I prob should have offset the motor a little. But even then the motor would prob block one side of the light. I'm thinking of doing separate red and green on each side instead instead of the one common dual color nav light.

Jay415 said:
Thats a good idea. And I'll just have it slightly off center. Post a pic of it. Where'd you get it?
Mine came with my boat, but it's fairly common...just google Attwood stow-away navigation light. they come in different heights....same with the stern light.

Attachments

• 2012-02-22 12.59.34.jpg
    2012-02-22 12.59.34.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,372
  • 2012-02-22 12.58.53.jpg
    2012-02-22 12.58.53.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,372
  • 2012-02-22 12.58.45.jpg
    2012-02-22 12.58.45.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,372
  • 2012-02-22 12.57.13.jpg
    2012-02-22 12.57.13.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,372
Hello Sir, Where did you buy those hatches in your front deck? I'm wondering where to get them because I'm redoing a 1987 Bass Tracker MV-16, and I have a little compartment under the front deck, that I would use one of them for. Much appreciated, Thanks.

Kochy said:
Hello Sir, Where did you buy those hatches in your front deck? I'm wondering where to get them because I'm redoing a 1987 Bass Tracker MV-16, and I have a little compartment under the front deck, that I would use one of them for. Much appreciated, Thanks.
cabelas.com they're made by Tempress and come in all different sizes.

All the exposed framing is all painted, waterproofed and now part of the boat. All the deck boards are waterproofed, now I just have to find time to carpet. Hopefully tonight!
IMG_2682.jpg

Nice build I have enjoyed reading about your progress, which has conjured up 2 questions.

1, I liked your fuse panel, I would like something like that to clean up my wiring. Where did you get it?

2. Those battery boxes look interesting. Did I see switches on them? You make those or purchase?

The rear seat on my boat is held in place with a strap and clip that attaches under the bench. You can then move the seat to the center for fishing if desired and over on the right for driving. Not my invention it was in the boat when I bought it.

Thanks!!

1. I bought the fuse panel from amazon. It serves as both the positive fuse panel and a negative bus bar.
https://amzn.com/B000THQ0CQ

2. The battery boxes are Minn Kota Trolling Motor Power Centers. They have a 60amp breaker that supplies the TM output terminals. Then a 10 amp breaker that supplies 2 cigarette lighter sockets. It also has a test button with 4 LEDs to show the battery charge level.
https://amzn.com/B001PTHKMG

Jay415 said:

Don't know if it has been said or you thought about it yet, but if you get a jack plate for your outboard and raise it up will help with clearance and performance. It is sitting a little low.
I am having to do the same on mine.

Very nice build!

It's the first time it's been brought up. What part of the motor should be even with the bottom of the hull? How would it benefit me raising it?

It's a 20" transom with a long shaft motor. Isn't that what it should be?

Jay415 said:
It's the first time it's been brought up. What part of the motor should be even with the bottom of the hull? How would it benefit me raising it?

It's a 20" transom with a long shaft motor. Isn't that what it should be?

The cavitation plat should be about an inch bellow the bottom of the boat. Some like to raise it a little higher.

The performance gain will be less drag from the motor not being so far in the water and less back pressure on the exhaust.

I actually learned about it on this forum. Can't remember where, but there was a thread on this topic on here.

You can always make your own jackplate.

Thanks I'll look into it.

That pic is a bad angle, so it prob looks worse than it is. But I'll measure where it sits when I get home.

Latest posts