Jig Paint

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I mostly use jigs when fishing the chain and since I cast up to and against rocks and concrete walls they have been getting chipped and many are bare lead. What is the best (read as most durable) paint to be using in this case? These are weedless but the weed guard is wire, not fiber so heat is not an issue.

powder painting is quite tough, also on regular paint, even acrylic craft paint, you can overcoat with epoxy....that's the only two I know may be tough enough. After that, when either fails, you can touch them up quickly with nail polish.

if you have an old oven or kiln go with powdercoat, otherwise I've used the rubberized paint from Bass Pro and it's pretty good. A guy on Ultimate Bass told me that if you paint you should prep with alcohol to totally degrease them and then clear coat with 5 minute epoxy.

If you want them to last just get some sally Hansen's HARD AS NAILS clear coat and put a few coats on the bottom of the jig it will last for a few trips..
Wayne