Jimmyzshack Alumacraft 1540 build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reedjj said:
32mph? Mine only goes 30mph! Im gonna have to get that new prop now! Glad you had fun. 32 is reall scootin along in a boat that small. Every time I go out I have a blast.

I'm sure once i all the wood decks and stuff it will not be as fast. I don't now what prop i have it is kinda beat up alluman one. i need to get a rpm meter. It only pushed the old fiberglass boat loaded with 2 people and gear at 22mph, but that was a heavy boat with a big windshield.

Finished the back deck and install the pedestal seat. sorry about all the tools in the pics.

Went on the first fishing trip in it today. Everything went well with the boat, caught some speckled trout and black drum. just got done eating them. Most of what be caught was too small to keep but a few. Sure was fun chasing the birds to find the trout. pic of a redfish that was too small to keep.
089e278a.jpg

5aedcfe8.jpg

5d776d15.jpg

jimmyzshack said:
Got the motor put on. Trying to get the controls on now. I hope to have them on tomorrow and put it in the water.

24b58131.jpg

59347f5a.jpg

JimmyZ...what kind of motor mount/jack plate is that? Care to share where you got it?

Its a Mini Jacker. BPS has them and other places should as well.

https://www.basspro.com/MiniJacker-for-Clampon-Outboards/product/8782/-421340

boat looks awesome! wish my console was mounted that far forward. and i love the seat! get you a cushion for it and you are set!

MDFisherman57 said:
Its a Mini Jacker. BPS has them and other places should as well.

https://www.basspro.com/MiniJacker-for-Clampon-Outboards/product/8782/-421340

THX....appreciate it.

Nice boat the Alumacraft 1542, mine is a 2011 with a 2018 tohatsu 20 HP EFI 4-stroke. i started my build with the Styx River stuff, been doing some other mods, and thinking about decking her out a bit more on the front deck size......

Attachments

• DSC00873.JPG
    DSC00873.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 915
NightKrawler said:
Another shot with the seats in.....

Nice. How wide are the benches and what bracket did you find to fit it? My Topper 1542 has 22" benches and I can't find a bracket big enough.

I can measure them tomorrow, but I did purchase them from AK McKallum's here in Fayetteville NC. They are a on-site Sponsor here and I been doing business with them for close to 30 years now. The boat, motor, and trailer came from them too, all at different times. I price things out too, and they really are about as cheap as anyone around, plus they just seem to be good folks in my opinion. Heck I even wear their hats, LOL! (yep got it free)......but hey if they weren't fair I would say so.

Latest posts