jon boat or a v- hull?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkorsun77

Reaction score
hi every one my 12 jon boat was in a "accident" aka i let my brother use it and it fell out of his truck my question is am i better getting another jon boat or a 12-16 foot v-hull i liked the jon boat i just wondering if the the v hull is a dryer and stable ride thanks matt

:WELCOME: Matt!

Thanks for joining!

Another Mass guy! :beer:

I see your from Stoughton...Check out Bean Town Diner (Across from Alexs) My sister owns it! 8)

What types of waters are you fishing? You fish our normal little kettle ponds?

The V will give you a better ride while moving. The Charles is fairly calm. For fishing the Jon will be less "tipsy". I would stick with a Jon here in MA.

Tell us more about the old jon boat...Im curious now :D

well it was fancy 12 lowe jon 5# minkota amd a garnin fishfinder well against my better judgement i let my kid brother borrow it to go fishing with his girl friend everything went well untill the ride home he forgot to tie it down so at 75 m.ph. it fell out onto the mass pike the thing is wrecked beond repair

There's also a mod v jon boat.
Cuts through the chop alittle cleaner than a regular jon.
All kinds of manufacturers out there make them.
Sorry about your lowe.Glad(hope) no one got hurt.

Zum said:
There's also a mod v jon boat.
Cuts through the chop alittle cleaner than a regular jon.
All kinds of manufacturers out there make them.
Sorry about your lowe.Glad(hope) no one got hurt.

I agree.A mod V gives the best of both worlds in my opinion.There more stable than a full/deep V,but not quite like a flat bottom.It's really not that noticeable if you're use to being on boats.They do well in a chop,and don't pound the water like
a flat bottom.I really like this Tracker mod V 1448. https://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=2868 Price is ok and it's a boat that can be used almost any where.

Latest posts