LED rope lights for interior

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the"Deck Blaster" kit from Blue Water. Great company to deal with. I got the green. it has 6 strips of LEDs really lights up the inside of the 1468 Polarkraft.

Dybber, think of it this way, if you want to be able to see better to re-tie and things like that, the green is the way to go. Nothing wrong with red or blue, I personally think the blue looks awesome but so do the other colors. Also keep this in mind, the color of your carpet and hull, the darker the color the less "bright" light will reflect back off of it. Fool4fish shows that well with his pics, Im willing to bet he has a light color hull and carpet in his boat, could be wrong but thats what it appears in his pics.

The Outdoorsman said:
Dybber, think of it this way, if you want to be able to see better to re-tie and things like that, the green is the way to go. Nothing wrong with red or blue, I personally think the blue looks awesome but so do the other colors. Also keep this in mind, the color of your carpet and hull, the darker the color the less "bright" light will reflect back off of it. Fool4fish shows that well with his pics, Im willing to bet he has a light color hull and carpet in his boat, could be wrong but thats what it appears in his pics.

Hey Outdoorsman. I completely agree. I like the look of blue and I can definitely see better with the green. I have a headlamp with red and one with green so I turned all the lights out in the garage at night and used both to figure out what I liked best. I found I could definitely see better with the green but there was much more glare off things than with red.

I opted for red, which I bought cheap on ebay. I figured I'd try those and if I didn't like them I would buy the green. Since they were cheap I figured I wasn't losing much and whatever color is the best I'll probably buy a nice kit from Bluewater LED.

I thought more and figured the interior lights will mainly be used to find things in the boat at night and if I need a light for taking fish off or retying I'd use my head lamp. Hopefully they will be here soon so I can get this figured out and be done.