Let's talk hatches, anchor storage and the like.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntinfool

Reaction score
I need more storage. I built a 20"X60" box off my front deck and I still don't have enough.
I want to add some hatches with the bins. Where is the best place to get them, or what did you do?

I like the idea of an anchor storage like this.

Well I can't get the pic to load, I'll try again later.
I believe I remember seeing a hatch that had a hanger built in that would hang the anchor. Anyone seen one or know where to get one?

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1402397041077.jpg[/attachment]
I know this is built in, but it seems like I saw one made from plastic that was all included in a hatch.

Anyone know where to get one?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402397041077.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402397041077.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 954
I have tempress 11"x17" cam lock access hatches and like them. They dont come with an interior but they do make a drop in hard liner for them. I believe I payed $60 a hatch.

I have a total of 4 hatches from bassboy1. 3 built into a frame that extends my front deck. And another in my rear bench that is a hatch with drop in liner. He makes TOP notch stuff.

https://www.fishonfabrications.com/

bobberboy said:
Here are a few hatch covers from Great Lakes Skipper.

I looked at their site and also
T-H marine. Both were expensive. I don't mind paying if they are worth a darn.
But I really want to come up with some sort of hanger for the anchor. I might have to make my own.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=355338#p355338 said:
huntinfool » Today, 2:09 pm[/url]"]
bobberboy said:
Here are a few hatch covers from Great Lakes Skipper.

I looked at their site and also
T-H marine. Both were expensive. I don't mind paying if they are worth a darn.
But I really want to come up with some sort of hanger for the anchor. I might have to make my own.

Give bassboy1 a shout. I can't say for certain, but I'd bet he could make you something. I never considered custom hatches until I ran across some of his work here on tinboats.net. I still figured it was way out of my price range, but once we worked me up pricing I was pleasantly surprised.