Lone Star 1956 Restore

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago, I had a mechanic whose basic repair philosophy was: "If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer."

You may have met him. :roll:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Looking good, Maam.

Kismet said:
Years ago, I had a mechanic whose basic repair philosophy was: "If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer."

You may have met him. :roll:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Looking good, Maam.

:LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:
I think I have met him! :wink: He told me, "you're using too much finesse; get a bigger hammer and whip on it a little harder". I was trying not to dent/mark it, and used a block of wood, but still have some marks on it. I know aluminum is unforgiving.

Steve AW,
Yes, perhaps back to the drawing board. :?

Steve A W said:
Hey Texas Lonestar
How's it going?

Steve A W

At a stand still. I have tried and tried to get the center of the transom cap to fit, to no avail. :x
I'll post again when I have made progress.
Thanks for asking! :D

TexasLoneStar56 said:
Steve A W said:
Hey Texas Lonestar
How's it going?

Steve A W

At a stand still. I have tried and tried to get the center of the transom cap to fit, to no avail. :x

Well, some of us are really anxious to get this boat out on the water, you know.

[-o< :mrgreen: [-o<

Kismet said:
TexasLoneStar56 said:
Steve A W said:
Hey Texas Lonestar
How's it going?

Steve A W

Well, some of us are really anxious to get this boat out on the water, you know.

X2!

[/quote]

X2![/quote]

X3

CMOS :mrgreen:

You guys are something else! =D> Can't tell ya how very much I appreciate the encouragement.

I've got to take her over to a shop to have a welder remake the center cap and weld it on. I'm trying to arrange that for this week. I'll keep ya posted!

Thanks again for the posts! :D

TexasLoneStar56,

LOOKING forward to the "splash" photos.

Btw: I bought a Black/White 1959 TEXAS MAID OSPREY on a 1959 San Antonio-BUILT trailer. = Once we got all the trash & junk out of the boat & washed it well, SURPRIZE, SURPRIZE, the original factory paint is NICE (under years of accumulation of just plain dirt) & needs only polishing/waxing.
(The rest of the "re-modeling job" will be taking the seats to "Miss Terri", San Antonio's diva of boat upholstery for RED/WHITE cushions for the seats & installing the 35HP Johnson OB/controls.)

The 1959 trailer needs sandblasting, repainting & new carpeting on the bunks, however.
(That's likely to be the hardest part of the job.")
Color me: PLEASED.

yours, satx

TexasLoneStar56 said:
You guys are something else! =D> Can't tell ya how very much I appreciate the encouragement.

I've got to take her over to a shop to have a welder remake the center cap and weld it on. I'm trying to arrange that for this week. I'll keep ya posted!

Thanks again for the posts! :D

Darn! I wish I'd thought to suggest that to you!

silly me, silly silly me.

:lol: Right!

She has a tarp on her for now. Leaves are beginning to fall. I will keep you guys posted on any progress made. It's been a hurry up and wait with the welder. :|

Hey guys, thanks for asking. I’m sorry to say, I’ve not finished her. She is parked on the back of our property with a tarp covering her. Her motor is still on the stand in the barn. I just lost interest. Perhaps some day I will uncover her and finish what I started. When I do, you guys will be the first to know!

Thanks again for asking, and many thanks for all of the great advice!

Respectfully,
M

Ma'am, this is a real risk in this hobby. I am debating taking on a project similar to yours, but do not have a great track record -- or your skill, tools or resources. Probably oughta pass. A Lone Star Clipper isn't exactly a perfect choice for fishing anyway. Thanks again for all that you put into this thread.

You are welcome, Sir! I sincerely hope, in some small way, the information on this thread will help someone else, with a few laughs along the way. These guys are truly a gift of knowledge and have freely shared.

Best of luck to you!

Respectfully,
M

Billinthedesert said:
Thank you M. Have a great Fourth. Oh-- and I succumbed to the temptation anyway.

Good for you! This is a great project, and we'd all be happy to help.

Where are you located?

CMOS