Lowrance ELITE 5 HDI

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishfreek

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
West Marine has these for $199.00 is that a good price? It's not the chirp version but seems to meet all my needs. Or should I just save more money and buy a brand new one.

LOWRANCE Factory Inspected and Certified Demo Unit; ELITE-5 HDI with 83/200 Tran Mt. Transducer and US Base Map Cartography

I hear lowrance is about to drop their new 3D line this month. Might keep your eyes open for that.
Actually it's just the separate structure scan box, but it's 3D now.
Sent from the dust in front of you!

All I really needed or wanted was a good GPS. Most of the water I fish is shallow enough that you can see the bottom so a fishfinder wasn't really even on the list. When I found these I realized that I can't buy the GPS for that price. I will probably buy it and see how things go with it. I was really wondering if anyone had dealt with the factory certified units at all.

This is what I have on my rig 83/200 and 45/800 and it's been a great unit. Lots of retailers have these on sale right now brand new for about a hundred bucks more.

Lowrance just announced they are dropping the Elite series with the "Hook" series of FF units. Some of the comments have been neutral on the Hook series, just some window dressing/new appearance to the same (?) unit/components. The elite series are a good basic unit, if you get the FULL factory warranty on the unit, that is good, BUT the base gps maps will probably suck eggs big time. You can always get a used map card for <$100 to improve the gps mapping function. Since the Elite series is being dropped, factory support may be questionable as Lowrance support will try to sell you a Hook series on down the road if you have problems.

For just a few more $$, look at the HB Helix 5 & 7, but the base mapping on it will suck as well.

Latest posts