March TinBoats.Net Nike+ Challenge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got back on the treadmill today. My shins were hurtin a bit so I took a few days off. I only walked today but I completed almost 2 miles and walked for 30 minutes. Slowly but surely I move along :D

I finally got a pair of good walking sneakers. I got a pair of Asics, man what a difference from my high top basketball sneaks when it comes to walking. No more pain in the Shins :lol:

Asics are my running shoes right now. I love them! I have the 1130's, cheap as hell but comfortable as.... can't think of an analogy right now but they are great to run in! They really help in lacrosse when we have to run the track as opposed to the turf or field. UnderArmour Metal cleats for me :p

But yes, these Asics are better than Nike Shox IMO (I had Nike Shox last year).

By the way I haven't been running for the past week, I have just been doing pushups during the running because I got tendinitis in the knee last Thursday. The pain is pretty incredible :shock:

Fishin NJ said:
Jim has the lead and has taken this race. I wish could have given him a fair race but do to a foot injury earlier this month I have been out of the race since. Finally just now starting to feel up to trying to start back up again.

Congrats Jim :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Nice job Jim :beer:

Fishin NJ, I though you were holding out on posting your runs. Hope you feel better. I haven't walked this week due to a sore heel. I don't know what happened to it but it sure does hurt :x

bcritch said:
Fishin NJ said:
Jim has the lead and has taken this race. I wish could have given him a fair race but do to a foot injury earlier this month I have been out of the race since. Finally just now starting to feel up to trying to start back up again.

Fishin NJ, I though you were holding out on posting your runs. Hope you feel better. I haven't walked this week due to a sore heel. I don't know what happened to it but it sure does hurt :x

What kind of heel pain are you having?

Jim said:
bcritch said:
Fishin NJ said:

What kind of heel pain are you having?

The bottom of my heel hurts when I walk or put pressure on it. My last walk was almost two miles outside. Not sure if walking on the concrete sidewalks hurt it or not. This getting old stuff stinks :lol:

I'm going to walk today or maybe Sunday. I want at least 10 miles this month.

I notice the pain throughout the day but now that you mention it I do notice the pain more after sitting for a while especially after I get up and walk around.

bcritch said:
I notice the pain throughout the day but now that you mention it I do notice the pain more after sitting for a while especially after I get up and walk around.

You might suffer from Plantar Fascitis...I do/did. It sucks. You have flat feet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

Let mek now if this sounds like you too. Man it was horrible. got it in both feet. Came on out of nowhere a few years ago. It was a rico-suave pair of shoes I wore for work that did it.

When I went to fleet feet for my new sneaks the girl said I had low arches. I did get the arch supports for the Acis and I'm going to wear them around the house more than my shoes. Thanks for the info.

Fishin NJ said:
Oh boy its a fight to the finish. :shock: :wink:

Less then 9 hours to go, lets go rack them miles up.

I didn't think you would see that :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm trying to get to 10 miles for the month. My feet are killing me but I think I have one more mile in me. :)