MattLures Baby Bass Series

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to buy an 8+ inch swimbait to weed out fish under 2 pounds. You will catch plenty of fish in the 15-20 inch range on that bait, and I guarantee you will catch bass under a pound on it.

This is a 6 inch bait that has a lot bigger profile than the Mattlures Bass.
zz-8.jpg

One of the original "loafer" pictures....This bass was under 1.5lbs on a Mattlures Bluegill
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

The baby bass series is my favorite from matt lures, I havent got many fish on it but I have had a few nothing to large, and the bait seems to hold up well. I dont think I ever got a bite throwing the gill or the shads.

^^^ yea that was my next question... slow roll it through or burn it?? which has more success with these swimbaits? I now this is a smaller bait but i always see the pros reeling their swimbaits ReAlLy SLOOOW.. is the best way to go? or let the fish tell you?

Thanks

BB

let the fish tell you....
I have caught some good fish reeling at a fairly quick pace but most have come on the slow retrieve over grass. I love the baby bass series

Bribass said:
^^^ yea that was my next question... slow roll it through or burn it?? which has more success with these swimbaits? I now this is a smaller bait but i always see the pros reeling their swimbaits ReAlLy SLOOOW.. is the best way to go? or let the fish tell you?

Thanks

BB

I agree with redbug, but I find myself reeling them in slow, because I like watching the action to see if it is running right (not on its side or funky action).