mercury 25 horse ? 2 stroke

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr3

Reaction score
First hello to all on this site and thank you for all the information. I presntly have a fisher 16 foot which has hawk 3v stickers on the side. I believe this motor is a 25 horse but does not have any numbers on it as far as horse power. Can someone help me determine where the serial number would be as I believe that is hopw that go about the year of the motor for parts. I am having some issues with the throttle from the linkage at thge colomn to the motor there is a little plastic piece in which holds the forward reverse cables tight to the motore which has given away twice. Also I believe it is time for some maintenance as liftingthiks motor is an issue and I have a bad back. Any help with this or direction would be greatly appreciated.

D3
dedicated to helping the future generation to continue our passion

Look on the block & you should find a freeze plug about the size of a quarter.It will have your serial #'s on it if the plate on the transom clamp is gone.

Thanks guys I found teh number and it is a 1989 25 horse long shaft mercury. I have a appointment to drop her off at the mechanic to rebuild the carb next week. Thanks again.

D3

I have a 25 HP mercury 2 stroke and love it. It is a newer model though. It has the gears built into the throttle handle. It is an awesome motor.

Latest posts