MV 1648 NCS Sierra turned into a poor mans bass boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Catch Release Repeat said:
Is that led AA battery powered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea. Three AA batteries. They last a long time and are pretty bright. I'll show some night photos at the end of the build. Should be done by this Saturday! It's only been two years in the making....

I saw one of those at dicks in the kayak isle and have been thinking about it since. Definitely have a few ideas for that. The brand they carried ran about 30 bucks. If you know where to beat that let us know!

Finished! I'm sure I'll be tinkering as adding a few things here and there but it's ready for fishing!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,383
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,383
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,383
It was a lot of hours, a lot of money, and a lot of planning...it's all been worth it though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,374
Nice job on the redo....now go enjoy it.....:) have you used a trolling motor foot tray before? Thinking about installing one, hopefully more comfortable than with it sitting on the deck as I currently do.

Fire1386 said:
Nice job on the redo....now go enjoy it.....:) have you used a trolling motor foot tray before? Thinking about installing one, hopefully more comfortable than with it sitting on the deck as I currently do.

I was trolling for about 6 hours this past weekend. My back never hurt. I wouldn't build a boat without a recessed foot tray. It is very comfortable and more natural feeling. I'm just leaning on my post and controlling it with my leg straight, not bent like it used to be. I would highly recommend it!

Did you build that tray or purchase it? I have an older Motorguide and the cable from the foot control to the TM is very stiff. Not sure a recessed would work with this foot control but am willing to try. Thanks.....:) the finished product looks very good and should last you a while.

Fire1386 said:
Did you build that tray or purchase it? I have an older Motorguide and the cable from the foot control to the TM is very stiff. Not sure a recessed would work with this foot control but am willing to try. Thanks.....:) the finished product looks very good and should last you a while.

I had a guy build me mine but you could just shop on google by searching for "recessed tray for foot control trolling motor". I saw a bunch of different ones for under $100. It's well worth it.

Catch Release Repeat said:
Any advice for mounting my Cmc unit?

I mounted it with only about an inch above the transom. I followed their specs to a T. By moving it back and up your not going to change how your motor works. There is an equation like for every inch up you can move it 3 inches back or something like that. I absolutely love mine. I can't believe it took me this long to have one.

Just curious, if the wife ain't around. What was the total cost of all mods? That's what everyone wants to know. :)

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

spywiz1 said:
Just curious, if the wife ain't around. What was the total cost of all mods? That's what everyone wants to know. :)

I already had the motor so I'm not including that. I got the boat for a $1,000 off regular price and paid just under $1,900. Plus $1,100 for the trailer. As for the rest I kept a running tally in the beginning but then stopped keeping track after all the major purchases where made. I believe I was around $8,000 at that point. This isn't including wiring, paint, supplies to install and secure everything, hydro turf, custom boat cover, and I'm sure a few things that I've forgotten. All in all I could have gone out and bought a true 16ft fiberglass bass boat for what I have in this but what would be he fun in that. It's unique and I built it. Can't put a price tag on that.

Man that was an awesome project. Seriously that's your custom boat built just the way you wanted it by you. Excellent job.

Slough Runner said:
spywiz1 said:

I already had the motor so I'm not including that. I got the boat for a $1,000 off regular price and paid just under $1,900. Plus $1,100 for the trailer. As for the rest I kept a running tally in the beginning but then stopped keeping track after all the major purchases where made. I believe I was around $8,000 at that point. This isn't including wiring, paint, supplies to install and secure everything, hydro turf, custom boat cover, and I'm sure a few things that I've forgotten. All in all I could have gone out and bought a true 16ft fiberglass bass boat for what I have in this but what would be he fun in that. It's unique and I built it. Can't put a price tag on that.

Slough Runner said:
spywiz1 said:

Great answer. Just what I expected you to say. What a wonderful experience it was, I'm sure. Great, great work. Now, enjoy forever.

Latest posts