My 1436... or wait.. 1432 mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and a little tip for those about the mod their boats.... Do the decking first (before painting)! Not saying you have to secure it, but get all the grudge work out of the way, before you put on fresh paint. I started to cry every time I chipped some paint off of a rib.

Another good idea would be to tape off the place youre working. I left the tape on the edges of the boat, so I could rest the boards on it and get them in and out without having to set up a hoist and pull them out at a perfect 90 degree angle :wink:

I got all of the water sealing done today. Took me a little over 3 hours (not sure why, considering its a very simple process).

I've decided I want to locate the main TM battery in the back of the boat, so I wasted a nice chunk of money on the wiring that was cut for the front bench. Oh well.

Seats came from Cabelas today. I'm disappointed that they dont look like the picture. The red is really dark, close to a maroon. They still look good, but they defiantly dont match the bright red hull.

So just waiting on the waterseal to dry... carpeting first thing tomorrow morning.

On another note, I have OFFICIALLY LOST MY MIND.

I was going around the trim of the hull, filling in the spots that I missed spraying because they were covered by a little too much tape. I was close to being finished, when a fruit fly landed right next to the chip I was filling in. The fly was bigger. I put the paint away.

This has become a tedious process! :lol:

Carpeting turned out AWESOME! I've never done any carpeting what so ever, but it went on perfect. Sprayed a little adhesive on the boards, but I stretched that stuff so tight I doubt I need it.

Ran the wiring to the TM from the back of the boat, and it works perfect. Just need to secure the decks and seats, and build a TM mount and its finally done.

I'll post up some pictures tomorrow to show off my progress. Can't wait to get out on the lake thursday and friday. :mrgreen:

Looking good so far. Cant wait to see the rest of the pics. I didnt read through the hole post just scanned through and read the picture posts. Painting the inside black and getting black carpet you may end up baking yourself and your fish b4 you get back to shore. I was surprised how hot my green metal and gray carpet got and I havent been out on a really hot day yet. You may be o.k, just make sure your not walking around in bare feet!

Pics have to wait till tomorrow guys... the boat was too dirty to show off! By the time I got it clean, there wasnt enough shooting light.

But on the bright side, its DONE! I'm so relieved to not put in 12 hour days on this boat anymore.

I promise pics tomorrow tho! :mrgreen:

Just found a couple pics I did take! Heres my trolling motor mount to make my transom mount into a bow mount. I forgot to take pics of it with the TM on it, but you'll get the idea. I bought strong ties and cut them off with a 4in grinder to make them fit, and screwed the hell out of them :lol:

I then took the old aluminum from the front bench and put it over the brackets to give me a smooth clamping surface, and something that wont break down over time. Took me 3, count them 3, times to get the carpeting right, to eliminate the staples and seams. It looks good IMO, even tho it turned out a little more "round" that I wanted. But its bolted into the deck with 4 bolts, and its not going anywhere anytime soon.

I also have a pic of my anchormate, which is going to work awesome, despite being mounted at an angle. (You'll also notice the new decking... just a sneak peek....)

I also added a pic of the back seat. The swivel is mounted straight to the deck, which is a pain in the ***. I had less than an inch of clearance, and it took me almost 45 minutes to screw in 4 bolts!

More tomorrow!

Attachments

• Anchor buddy.jpg
    Anchor buddy.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 3,135
  • Battery.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 3,135
  • Clearance.jpg
    Clearance.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 3,135
  • TM bracket final.jpg
    TM bracket final.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 3,135
  • TM bracket 2.jpg
    TM bracket 2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 3,135
  • TM bracket 1.jpg
    TM bracket 1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 3,135
here are some pics... I have to leave for work so I'll put up more later on.

Had it out twice, and everything is great!

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 7,442
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 7,442
  • boat3.jpg
    boat3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 7,442
  • bow TM.jpg
    bow TM.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 7,442
  • bow TM mount.jpg
    bow TM mount.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 7,442
  • front hatch.jpg
    front hatch.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 7,442
some more

Attachments

• middle hatch.jpg
    middle hatch.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 7,442
  • middle hatch open.jpg
    middle hatch open.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 7,442
  • rear hatch open.jpg
    rear hatch open.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 7,442
  • rear hatch.jpg
    rear hatch.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 7,442
  • rear seat.jpg
    rear seat.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 7,442
  • seats.jpg
    seats.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 7,442
  • stern.jpg
    stern.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 7,442
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 7,442
dyeguy1212 said:
Thanks for the responses.

I don't have a cover, but a good 'ol fashioned blue tarp will get my thru until winter ( [-o< )

Just read through your mod again, you did a great job! When I read this I wanted to warn you... those blue poly tarps are not waterproof! They shed water pretty well, but will not hold water, so at the very least you need to make some kind of frame so the tarp does not hold water, or it will drip into your boat. Then the tarp holds the moisture IN and you get a moldy mess!

Well I got a cover.. for free! My girlfriends dad had a 16 foot MV a few decades ago and still had the cover... its baby poop brown, but its still pretty water proof and fits alright. I'm just going to spray some campdry on it, and it should get me through until I sell it next summer :mrgreen:

I just joined...what a great site. Great mod. I have a question. What is the stability with your boat? I ask because I have a tracker 1432 which I want to add seats and a floor. I know that by adding a floor won't make the boat anymore stable , but what is the stability like when you stand or use the seats. Is it worth adding a floor with a raised seat?
Appreciate your response.

I hate to jump in and say "me too", but I am a proud new owner of a 1432, and am wondering, based on your mods, how it does in the water. Any issues with stability? It seems that your deck is pretty low, but those seats look pretty high for a 32. I hope you're still on the forum. You did a great job with that rig!

JFab

Just took a trip down memory lane and checked out this thread and realized I had some unanswered questions form new members....

The stability was OK. With the decks as low as they were, I could stand and fish all day long, and very rarely have an "interesting" moment. You run into trouble when youre hopping over the benches with a seat in your way.

With two people, the boat sits and heck of a lot lower, so it made me pretty nervous. With about 400 pounds of fishermen plus a 50 pound battery, we did okay, and could both stand in very calm water.

nice work bro! Man I would just lag bolt them to your 2x2's but the best thing about this site is someone may have a better idea. Sorry i was visualizing it totally wrong.

If you go with a longer lag both you can bolt it through the 2x2's and to the original bench. It would never budge. of course, you will have to pre-drill the holes. also, make sure that your predrilled holes are not larger than your threads. yeah i know Captain obvious right.