My 1436... or wait.. 1432 mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dyeguy1212 said:
I also wanted to ask about the pink or blue 1 inch foam people use for flotation. I am considering cutting a spot in the front bench for a battery, which means a decent amount of foam will have to be removed. I want to put the blue/pink foam under the floor boards to compensate (and deaden noise), but I've never seen it anywhere. Any tips on where to find it and prices?
I didn't use the pink or blue insulation foam because of cost. I went with the regular old white styrofoam sheets. I purchased a couple of sheets for something like $6. It came in sheets of 10 ft. long by 2 ft. wide. It also comes in different sizes and thickness. I purchased mine at Menards. Plus, the regular styrofoam is also easy to cut to shape. It worked perfect for me. Good luck!

dyeguy1212 said:
Here a paint picture I put together to get a basic idea for the mods. Its a little hard to decipher, and its subject to change. The rear storage will be supported by 2x2, with the dark green representing where they might be placed. The rear storage wont be a weight bearing structure, so I can afford to only have a little bit of support. The bow will basically be 3/8 boxing it in, with a little door to access the storage compartment.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about a mount for the trolling motor in front, but I sure as heck know it will be study to avoid dropping my 200 buck TM in the water when I switch directions too fast....
I purchased a trolling motor bracket from Madisonville Marine in Tenn. A gentleman from this sight gave me the addy for them. Email them and tell them what you have. It is also adjustable. A few toggle bolts should hold it in place with no problem.

Well, I know this boat is gone, but I must have missed this thread somehow. Good job! That thing looked sharp.

Luv this mod dyeguy!!! Picked up an antique 1432. Care if i use your mod?
Just became a member. Will post a pic of my gem in the rough soon.