My 2009 Alumacaft 1432

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a shear pin in the bottom of the bucket. Could this missing be causing the loud noise? HELP also , where does it go back in the motor?

I have decided to go ahead and replace the hubs, bearings, and all. I figure for around $60-$100 isn't a bad investment so I can go to lake farther away without problems. Will be fixing soon, maybe this weekend if time allows. I think I will just go to northern tool and equipment for the hub kits, they seem to have good prices. Once again they warm up on 20mile trips to lakes at moderate speeds. Any input?

Also forgot to mention that the motor isn't wanting to shirt in reverse, shifts between forward and neutral fine, but when I try to put in in reverse its like something is blocking it, or something is jammed in the way. Could it be the shift linkage, not really sure what this is though. How do I find out, how do I fix it? Please help because I am not very motor savvy, The most I'm comfortable with is changing the oil and cleaning carbs and fuel systems. Please help me!

Well, I bought the new hub assemlies tonight, $30 each! Not bad for northern tool. Will be putting them on tomorow hopefully! Still not alot of feedback on the motor, anybody interested in this tread? I will take pics of the motor tomorow when I go to put the new hubs on, also I will take pics of the new hubs. I really need help on the motor because I dont wanna pay somebody to fix it.

Try getting a repair manual - Jim has them and can email the files if you ask.

The difficult part is that you say you aren't comfortable with motors...in order to trouble shoot you will probably have to get yourself a little more comfortable with the way it works and is put together.

The upside is that outboards are pretty simple in concept so do a little studying of the manual and take a look at the troubleshooting guide that usually is in them and it shouldn't take too long to get more comfortable.

Might try pulling and cleaning the plugs. Clean the fuel filter or replace it if it is really clogged up. Pull the carb, tera it down and clean it. Also check for junk in the gas can.

I don't think those things should effect the actual shifting mechanisms...it sounds like something more mechanical.

John Wasmuth said:
Might try pulling and cleaning the plugs. Clean the fuel filter or replace it if it is really clogged up. Pull the carb, tera it down and clean it. Also check for junk in the gas can.

If you are reffering to earlier promblems with staring, those are fixed! Motor runs like a champ again, just wont shift in reverse

Finally fixed it! Somthing went wrong in the foot of the motor, when I dropped it earlier this year, it never went back on right. I dropped it again, made sure everything was connected right, and boom. As easy as that it was fixed!!!!!!! I am sooooo glad I didnt take the motor in the shop to get it fixed! It took me a grand total of 30 minutes!!!

Awesome! First time I dropped my lower unit to check the water pump I had a heck of a job getting the shifting rod to go back into the coupler right...

Alright guys, been a while since you guys have gotten an update! Since I don't wanna upload a bunch of pictures, I made a video of a tour of my boat! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXTsJe-8hfc&feature=g-upl&context=G28762e1AUAAAAAAAAAA

Hi My name is Sam and I have been a boat engine tech since 1972 Honda, Johnson/ evinrude, Mecury as well as others and will try to help you
There could be alot of reasons why it wont shift into reverse. I didnt see what engine it is so Ill give some normal advise. sometimes things get out of adjustment some engines have a adjustment for shifting. But most end up being a clutch dog worn do to rpms being to high when shifting, which eventually case the clutch dog and gear to roun off. This means the lower unit needs to be torn down and have a new gear or gear set replaced as well as the clutch dog.
Sam

Nice. I myself am still in school as well. I'm 16. Bought my 87 Bass Tracker last year and rebuilt the whole thing with my dad. My parents helped me out on this one. Sorry to hear your's didn't. That sucks. But Overall nice little rig to get cha on the lake. And good thing about a smaller boat. You can go places where boat like mine can't.

Latest posts