My build from then 'til now - Motor swap completed!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea # 1 was toast..

Thank for all the pict's, i got an 84 115 inline 6 merc i'll be rebuilding some point this winter.

Canoeman said:
Yea # 1 was toast..

Thank for all the pict's, i got an 84 115 inline 6 merc i'll be rebuilding some point this winter.

I have a ton of pictures and I tore the whole old powerhead down to parts and bolts so I know how everything works and goes together. If you want I can put all the pictures on a disk and send it to you. There are about 60-70 of them.

Motor block swap completed!!!!!! Really, not as hard as you'd think. I am taking the boat to OPC Marine tomorrow to go over everything and set the timing. I just want to make sure everything is how it should be so I don't blow anything up. Should have it back for a Christmas eve fishing trip. BOOOOYAAAAAA!

I dropped the boat off at 12:30 pm yesterday and they called me by 4 to come pick it up. OPC rocks. Picked it up today and they said everything is in great working order. They even gave me paperwork to say jusy that. I'm off on Friday so that will be the first water test with the new block. I can't wait. I might even catch a fish.

bulldog said:
I dropped the boat off at 12:30 pm yesterday and they called me by 4 to come pick it up. OPC rocks. Picked it up today and they said everything is in great working order. They even gave me paperwork to say jusy that. I'm off on Friday so that will be the first water test with the new block. I can't wait. I might even catch a fish.

I'm jealous again....dang, I need to stop doing that!

Took the boat out for the test run with the new motor. Man o man. This boat has never run so well. Ever. I got 5600 rpms out of it and it sounds completely different. I am happy as can be with everything. Truely am. She's better than ever. I can confidently sell this boat knowing that it is 100% and that is a better feeling than anything. Also I got a $250 Bass Pro Shops 100mph parka for $100 off craigslist today. Merry Christmas to me!!!

Gonna go shooting and fishing on the Missouri on Monday. That will be the second test.

Latest posts