My FF mount on console

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimeTime

Reaction score
When I got this boat, the previous owner had never installed the windshield, but added a FF to the top of the console. I wanted the windshield installed, but after I mounted it, there wasn't enough room for the FF to mount.

There are 2 round indents in the dash, basically "catch-alls", and decided the one on the right would be the best spot. However, the base of the FF was larger than the opening, so I cut a round piece of 2"X6" to fit the hole, carpeted it, and mounted it with 1 screw right in the center through the bottom.....I tightened it enough to keep it in place, but can rotate it if needed.

I understand this won't fit everyones application, but might be adaptable to yours in the event you have a similar mounting problem.

ST
ffmount.jpg

I wanted to add.....the top of the windshield is just a raw edge of the plexiglass. Granted it was sanded smooth, but left more of an edge than I wanted my boat cover stretched against. I took a piece of clear vinyl tubing (1/2") cut it to length, split it on 1-side, then slipped it ofer the top edge of the windshield to protect the cover from the edge.

I pull it off on an end now & then when removing the cover.....so I may get some edge-guard which is made to slip on the edge of a car door, to prevent nicks. It might be a better fit & stay better in place....this was just a quick fix using what I had laying around.

ST

ST,

When I had my Tracker I went to Lowe's and bought a 6' length of the pre-formed pipe insulation that would fit 3/4" OD pipe. It's also closed-cell and won't absorb water. Plus it's inexpensive. Get the type that has the slit already in it, but doesn't contain the adhesive strip in it. Take it home, cut to length to cover the winshield edge, and you're good-to-go! It will keep the winshield edge from rubbing your cover.

I won a "Harry & Charlie" ballcap from Bassmaster magazine a few years ago for that tip :wink:

Good job on the FF holder. That's a great idea! 8)

Latest posts