my latest designs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandgeek1263

Reaction score
well, here you go, any thoughts/concerns/advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks Bubba for the help with the pics
jpg CAD design.JPG
thats the first

heres the second
jpeg CAD design 2.JPG

well thats it for the night. 8) [-o<

What type of fishing are you planning to do? I think that may be a deciding factor in the design.
No steering console in the second one, what are your plans?
I fish a lot of electric only lakes, so the tiller steer outboard gets used rarely. So I would design to accomodate it but focus on battery storage/charger space and decking with lots of storage hatches.....don't forget your livewells.
For my use, I lean toward the first one and would remove the console to deck it out with more storage space. I would add a rod locker as you have in the second one.

What software are you using to do this? Sure beats the hundreds of pencil drawings I sketched.
I'm a firm believer in "Plan your work and work your plan".

Post up any new designs you have. Looks like your getting the handle on that software.

I sort of like the top one, but it is only a fourteen footer, so the console may have to go.

Usually I fish for bass, but wherever I go that has water, I throw a line in and fish for whatever I might catch. Battery placement is high on my priorities. I like the fish/ski aspect of the first model, but I envy the functionality of the second. I don't fish tournys so the livewell isn't a necessity. Lots to think about, and sooooooo many ideas to create.

I'm using DelcamPowerSHAPE-e 8.14.2
hard to get into, but addicting once you do. if you ever draw a picture or something on a piece of paper, you always are thinking about mirroring curves, connecting points, etc,etc...

what type of software did you use. How much did it cost and were can i geti ti. THanks

Free

Delcam PowerSHAPE-e 8.14.2

heres a link: https://www.freebyte.com/cad/cad.htm

5th one down

good luck, it was hard to get used to. Are you pretty good with computers? I'm 13 and in the tech generation, so I got the hang of it pretty quickly. I like it, and I have the urge to plan everything out in CAD before I start.

That's a sweet little program and would have come in handy when I was designing my boat. Thanks for sharing!