my second project! 14ft Gamefisher

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgrantsc

Reaction score
I'm back on Tinboats for a second project! My previous project was a 2004 Mirrocraft Deep Fisherman. I did a complete mod to that boat and sold it at the ramp for a lake in NC from a guy that really liked what I did. I've since had a nice expensive ski boat but recently sold it because the family wasn't using it and now I've picked up this little 14ft Gamefisher. I got the boat, trailer, and new tires for next to nothing and now I'm going to turn it into a fishing and duck hunting machine.

I have a few questions as I get started:

1. If I put the trolling motor, two batteries up front with a storage system I was going to build from plywood will it be too much weight up front when I'm trolling? (not going to get an outboard right away)

2. How far below the keel of the boat should the trolling motor be when up front to maximize thrust?

Here is a picture: gamefisher profile.jpg

I've already painted it camo and I'll have more pics to come shortly!

Here are few more "before" pictures. I'm going to take some of my initial coat of paint pictures so that you can see the camo job I'm doing. I'm going to get some wire at West Marine tomorrow and run my batteries from the rear to distribute the weight better.

gamefisher side closeup.jpg
gamefisher forward.jpg

Anyone with suggestions or thoughts please post them.

Since you asked . . .
for less than $75 you could turn it into a home away from home like my 14 footer?

Attachments

• CAMP2.JPG
    CAMP2.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 741
Hahaha! I think I'll pass on that one.

Here is a picture of the camo pattern that I painted on my new boat.

camo front paint.JPG

Latest posts