New Boat (1980 Monark w/ 75hp Evinrude)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monsterbass07

Reaction score
Boat looks and runs great and I got a great deal. Only problem is the boat has high decks on front and the back and low deck in the middle. How hard is it to remove the flooring and take out steering column and motor to find the main leaks? I am not real boat savy.

I have a 1987 Monark 16/44 and it is a great boat. Some pictures are in order here so people can maybe see how it is put together. Mine was an open boat when I got it. I decked it out ,front and back. The frame work is screwed to the ribs of the boat and the deck is screwed to the frame. All wood so I can take it apart if needed. I didn't use carpet on the decks, I used RESTORE and laid rubber mats over that. Good Luck, and of course Welcome Aboard! Dave

20130516_162057_zps077d60f2.jpg
[/url][/img]

If pop rivet in its relatively easy same with screwed..If you got a good portable drill and and bits and pop rivet gun your in business .If screwed and they come out your in business too.If its welded in its doable but real pain then it will have to be welded back..Looks to have floor and lots covered bottom ..A couple things to look for underside is corrosion /leaks under boat where it sits on carpeted bunks.Gota lift it a little to see..Also put a few inches of water in leveled boat bottem ..and see then mark leaks with perm marker...that should keep you busy a while

Latest posts