New boat heading back to the dealer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keystone said:
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=320644#p320644 said:
Rich27028 » Today, 06:54[/url]"]------ 15 hp is the max for this boat. They claim no changes were made from 2010 to 2013 but the 13"s are rated to 25hp -- is that right ??

my 16 lowe is rated at 55 horse- and i have a 50 honda 4 stroke on it - dam thing flies -- :mrgreen:

Yup. You got it right. Water levels are down. I plan on taking it out and see if if will do 15 mph. Pretty sure Lowe rated the boat under what it really needed.

Yes this boat is under rated.. I was looking at one in 2011 and the rating was 25 for tiller, 30 with the side console.. Which is still pretty conservative.. Having a 15hp max rating is ridiculous as 15 should be the minimum..
I can't really offer much help with your motor troubles though.. But changing the prop and adding a whale tale is bullshit! If you can redline the motor with the 8p, the 9p should be the prop to use. Honestly I think the problem is the engine not putting out 15hp..