New Bow Mount Trolling Motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Dawg

Reaction score
What's the hot lick on bow mounts ? Motorguide, Minn Kota or other brand ? 12v, pedal control, 55# thrust.
Fixing to go to Bass Pro, Cabelas and Dicks this week. Any online suppliers you'd recommend?
Thanks

Dawg

Found mine on craigslist local for half the price honestly.

I found a bow mount motorguide 40# that was practically brand new with no scratches etc.

I noticed a bunch of people selling them but if you want to just get a new one go for it as that sometimes is the best way to go about it.

Just bought and mounted a Minn Kota Terrova 80 I pilot link. Have not used it yet but the reviews look really good...especially if you have a Humminbird. As far as suppliers go... Find out exactly what you want and just google the crap out of it until you find a price and supplier you are comfortable with. I got mine from Northern Marine... Best price and delivery was quick...and free. Watch shipping charges with packages that size. If you are not careful you will get charged a surcharge because of it being oversized. There are free shipping options out there. I am talking about $100+ added on. Good luck.

I bought my last Minn Kota off Amazon. It was quite a nightmare and took 2 months to get it straightened out. Motor before that was bought from Overtons and everything went smoothly. Check out Universal Mania. I know they sell trolling motors. I have bought 4 Humminbird graphs from them over the years and their pricing has always been equal to or lower than any other online vendor. No tax and free shipping on most high dollar items