New guy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well jumped the gun and float tested the boat yesterday afternoon. Sat in it for about six hours drinking a 12 pack. No leaks at all. Wife come down after dark and was curious as to what was up. We got the boat out and brought it back to the house and I got chewed out left and right. She figured out that since the boat was missing and me that I had to be in the pond. She was right.
I know the feeling.

Wife locked up the shed and took the key away. She said I can have the key back in seven days. I guess i'm done playing. Told her I needed to take some pictures and all I got was a hand salute. Will Post pics in seven days. I am banned from my own shed. I know better than to argue with her. I like my daily breakfast of three eggs and three pieces of bacon with dry toast to much to argue.
My wife would have done the same thing if I had it somewhere that she was able.
She bought me the boat but now has a live/hate relationship with it.
I’m enjoying reading your thread and understanding how important the boat is to you.
You have my respect and best wishes sir.
Thank you for sharing. Not only do I still need to paint mine but I see a lot of heart going into yours.

Got the boat out of the shed and back on the frame. I have two small spots were the gluvit did not set up on the inside. Have plenty of acetone so that is going to be simple. Have a few areas were the gluvit ran and would like to get all that cleaned up with a wire brush. One area I turned the boat before the 650k set up and have a few runs. Figure I will get the inside cleaned up and then wipe it down good before priming. Outside looks outstanding and is cured completely. We have good weather for the next four days so am going to take my time. Forgot I need to clean up all the transom hardware.

Last edited:
I am a complete Idiot. Yes that is with a capital I. Paint supplies have cost a small bundle. Even the small measuring containers have run me around $2.50 and up. 4 inch foam rollers that fall apart quickly. Lucky they do not get into paint but basically melt and fall apart. Well this morning am off to the Sherwin Williams in Okmulgee. Measuring containers at $1.95 Larger containers about $2.50 vice $5.00 dollars. 4 inch rollers designed for epoxy paint at a decent price. Plus free stir sticks. I wish we had checked into this at the beginning of this project. I could have saved a lot of money.

I am a complete Idiot. Yes that is with a capital I. Paint supplies have cost a small bundle. Even the small measuring containers have run me around $2.50 and up. 4 inch foam rollers that fall apart quickly. Lucky they do not get into paint but basically melt and fall apart. Well this morning am off to the Sherwin Williams in Okmulgee. Measuring containers at $1.95 Larger containers about $2.50 vice $5.00 dollars. 4 inch rollers designed for epoxy paint at a decent price. Plus free stir sticks. I wish we had checked into this at the beginning of this project. I could have saved a lot of money.

You are smart enough to recognize the more economical option. Some folk would think there is something special about the other ones and continue to pay the higher price.

I rescue every kind of plastic container that I can before they go in the bin. Even mark my own gradations for measuring if needed. Great to have them when needed.

Hats off to Sherwin Williams paint store. Not only did they have in stock everything I needed they surprised me at the cash register. Got a Senior Citizen discount which wiped out the tax then they turned around and gave me a Veteran discount. I even got some free wood stir sticks. They have a customer for life.

You are smart enough to recognize the more economical option. Some folk would think there is something special about the other ones and continue to pay the higher price.

I rescue every kind of plastic container that I can before they go in the bin. Even mark my own gradations for measuring if needed. Great to have them when needed.
Although I quit eating Sherbert (for the most part) I use the old containers for this and other uses. They're long lasting if you've kept them climate controlled and they have tight lids.

I found some affordable mixer paddles that attach to drill motors and are really good at mixing paint, epoxy & resins of all sorts. They are heavily reusable. If it's not too late ... Check here :
https://tinyurl.com/mrwk292z

Although I quit eating Sherbert (for the most part) I use the old containers for this and other uses. They're long lasting if you've kept them climate controlled and they have tight lids.
Ok I confess I have a LOT of Nestle Quik containers. Sugar free mind you but a lot. It’s the only way to drink the almond milk I’m allowed since I got taken off of real milk.
They’re thick plastic and I use them to clean parts , carburetors , paint , to catch gas when I pull a fuel line or change a filter etc.

Ok I confess I have a LOT of Nestle Quik containers. Sugar free mind you but a lot. It’s the only way to drink the almond milk I’m allowed since I got taken off of real milk.
They’re thick plastic and I use them to clean parts , carburetors , paint , to catch gas when I pull a fuel line or change a filter etc.
I love it !! :) lol :)
I used Swiss Miss for my chocolate additives as an adult, but Nestle's was in the cabinet as a kid. I use the almond milk for mixing my raw meal w/ a splash of French Vanilla Coffee Creamer. But I'm glad I can still drink Milk. My bones and teeth are strong at 60 yrs old so, there's that. My buddy says , "Milk is for baby cows" but that guy drinks beet juice and rabbit food. Let him have it. I'm gonna stay in the land of milk & honey !! Hehehehhe

Like all the replies thanks. Well the transom hardware is ready for primerIMG_1787.JPG Took a lot longer than planned. The side brackets were full of corrosion. Really had to wire brush it to death to get it to shine. The long bracket across the bottom of the wood transom was difficult to wire brush. Tore my hand up pretty good with a wire brush but got it done. The inside of the flat plate had to be hand done. Still have some work on the inside were the gluvit ran IMG_1790.JPGIMG_1791 - Copy.JPGIMG_1792 - Copy.JPG Plan Tomorrow to smooth it out with orbit sander and 320 grit. Got the side ribs outside sanded and will coat it in black when done with the inside IMG_1789.JPG found a few mild runs and sanded them out on outside. Have plenty of blue paint left so no problem. Tired and a bit intoxicated but doing good.