New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone. My name is Mike, and I live in Savannah, Georgia.

Last fall, my wife told me she wanted to try fishing. I hadn't really fished since I was a kid, and all of my fishing was done a couple decades ago in the midwest. No fresh water down here, so we hit the banks of the local tidal creeks. We quickly had success in catching quite a few tasty fish, but with our tidal range, we spent most of our time standing in mud. Spring hit, and my wife said the words that many guys dream about: Let's get a boat.

We did, and here I am. :)

hey everyone. new here from the mountains of SW Virginia. Currently running a River Road Jet Boats Headwaters 1648 with a Merc 65 jet. Heres a couple of videos of where I like to run :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xtQllsJqRk&t=483s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiJOVf-YhMY&t=17s

Hello guys my name is Danny and I live in LaGrange, GA, I'm retired =D> and enjoying it highly recommend it.

I have been reading all kinds of posts the past few months with a main focus on transom replacement.
And now I'm confident I can do it. I have a 1979 Landau 1648 with a 1984 Jonson 25hp.
I have to figure out how to post the pictures yet.

Danny

Hello guys, I'm new to the forum out of East Texas. I have already learned quite a bit of info on here.
Lots of good people on here. I look forward to learning lots more. Thanks.

Hi, I'm Scott F. I've been a glass boat owner for almost 30 years but I just ordered my first tin boat. It's currently being customized, a Blazer 1648 with a Tohatsu 35 jet. It will have a center console, custom anchor winch, and a 24v Terrova trolling motor. I'm a smallmouth guy and this will be my craft for chasing river smallies across the upper midwest, mostly in Wisconsin and Illinois. I'm hoping to pick up some tips on modifying this brand new boat to make it the best river boat it can be.

Welcome to a site with knowledgeable guy willing to offer help, I'm not one of those guys yet but I'm learning a lot.

Hello All on my second tin boat. Look forward to many tips and ideas of ways to spend my money.

Attachments

• 20171028_074224.jpg
    20171028_074224.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 4,301
  • 20171028_074258.jpg
    20171028_074258.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 4,301
My name is Tom. I am a retired technical college instructor. My wife is a retired high school English teacher. I worked in aerospace and telecommunications, digital circuit design and microcontroller programming in machine and basic languages. I am 77 and most my brains have leaked out. I fish for crappie. I live on Ky Lake near Paris Landing. Some folks on this site probably know me. My name has not changed. I have owned tin boats since I was a kid. I am also a Vietnam vet. I build robots as a hobby. I also hand tie jigs as a hobby. I also fish. Did I mention I was retired?

God bless America!

Hello all, new member, partner and I are building a carp flats boat. 1449 LW Grumman, 1980-81 Mercury OB.
Lots of great info here, We have already learned so much via this forum. thank you all. We will try to document our build in the modifications forum. Carphunter

Attachments

• IMG_20171022_182057572.jpg
    IMG_20171022_182057572.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 4,251
I have a confession... I’ve secretly been reading all your post.

Seriously I must of read 100’s of post, I’ve learned a lot and it helped me plan what I will be doing with my tin.

I’m from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. I’ve been in the military as a medical technician for 10+ years. Ive lived from one coast to another in Canada including northern Labrador.

My current tin is a new to me Princecraft Yukon 15 with a Mercury 15 hp 4 stroke outboard with ezloader trailer, all about 15 years new. I’m the 3rd owner of this setup, it was given to me by my father.

My dream boat will be a Lowe’s roughneck 1660 deluxe tiller with a Honda BF25 outboard.

All my boating is done on lakes, ponds, and rivers. No ocean or saltwater.

Can’t wait to learn more from all of you and hopefully pass on some knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Thanksgiving Folks,

Bought a Lowe Stinger 175 w/ 60hp Mercury FS from Cabela's this last summer. It is the first boat I have owned and my wife and I have had a great time on it. Weather forecast for Kansas City today will be near 60 deg. and no wind, woohoo Hillsdale Lake here we come.

Warm Regards
colin1230

Hi everybody,

I just found TinBoats. I was looking for some info to help my new 14' boat (mfg unknown, I've never looked!) and it's 70's-era, 9.9hp Johnson "Turtle Motor" plane out. I think I got what I need there (gonna try some trim tabs) but there's so much more! So I figured I'd better register. Where I live in the Sierra Nevada nothing beats a tin boat...

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays,

Dan

Hi I'm a new member .Jim is my name but use trep as my handle .Live in northern Wi. Rhinelander .Worked on many boats
over the years .Have 16' Ponton with 40hp .Redoing a 14' Mirrocraft now 1971 .live about 80 miles from where they make
Mirrocraft boats. Have a nice Yamaha 30HP for it .Getting snowed in now so will finish in spring. Long winters ,time to tie flys & work on stained glass .I put 4 years in the Navy & 38 years with IBM Working a little slow these days I'm 80
Like to thank Jim for decals & shirt .Wish had found this site long ago .Very good site great information. Merry Xmas to all
ps When I picked up my ponton it had a 25hp Chysler on it , some one cut cable elec start ,laying in yard free for the hauling

Latest posts