New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, my name is Jamie from Vancouver Island. I just bought my first Aluminum boat a 12ft Harborcraft, that I plan to use for Fly fishing mainlyin freshwater and a little in the Saltwater. I plan on adding a bunch of Scotty mounts and to add a Styrofoam and chloroplast floor. I am definitely open to ideas and suggestions as well. Cheers.
e113dbe76c59c78b9e7d88d6f3257c8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

RavenBC said:
Hi, my name is Jamie from Vancouver Island. I just bought my first Aluminum boat a 12ft Harborcraft, that I plan to use for Fly fishing mainlyin freshwater and a little in the Saltwater. I plan on adding a bunch of Scotty mounts and to add a Styrofoam and chloroplast floor. I am definitely open to ideas and suggestions as well. Cheers.
e113dbe76c59c78b9e7d88d6f3257c8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Welcome. I always look forward to a chance to visit your part of the world. Vancouver Island is a beautiful place.

finstr said:
Hey fellas, I found this site while searching for modifications and ideas for my 12' tinny. This looks like a great site with friendly, knowledgable folks. I joined so the annoying banner would disappear. Lol ok that last one's a lie. :D

:LOL2: So it works!

WELCOME! Thanks for joining!

Growing up in the Catskills I was a trout fisherman almost from birth, but moving to So. Fla I've been a saltie for most of my adult life here and the big boat went in the divorce 9 years ago. I got a 10' Topper that I've been rigging and today was my first adventure on water with it. Love it. I just wish I could have a larger one.

Thanks for this site, it's informative and so far the contributors are very polite.

Welcome to the site. I can't believe nobody has welcomed you yet. These guys are really busy! Post lots of pics so we can all see the fish you catch. I for one would love to fly fish the flats in FLA! Being in Ontario I don't get a chance to fish the lower states. PA is about as far south as I get with a rod and line.

Hey all, new member from Elora/Guelph area in Southern Ontario (Canada) checking in. I have 2 boats on the go, a 12' v hull undergoing a conversion and a 1950's plywood runabout (winter project). I'm starting the floor work on the tinny now, will be looking for carpet installation and painting tips & ideas. I'm going to do a "test fish" with it first before I finish it and may do a build thread if it all works out

shoestringmariner said:
Hey all, new member from Elora/Guelph area in Southern Ontario (Canada) checking in. I have 2 boats on the go, a 12' v hull undergoing a conversion and a 1950's plywood runabout (winter project). I'm starting the floor work on the tinny now, will be looking for carpet installation and painting tips & ideas. I'm going to do a "test fish" with it first before I finish it and may do a build thread if it all works out

I am relatively new here too. Welcome and enjoy. BTW, I can relate to your username. haha.

Hello everybody, new member here from Central KY (inbetween Rough River Lake and Nolin Lake). I have been working on a heavily modified flat bottom John Boat and found this site through google searches. I mainly fish for Crappie/Catfish/Bluegill but take whatever is biting.
Thanks

Hello everyone, new member here from Michigan. Born and raised on a lake, but was never bit by the fishing bug until 50. I now seem to not get it off my mind.
Looking to do a boat renovation project with about a 16' flat bottom. Wouldn't even mind finding an old Bass Tracker to redo. Will be doing a ton of research on here to start gathering information.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

New guy. Heard about this from another site. Thought I'd give it a try. Own a 2014 Triton TX18 and I just put a 2017 Evinrude 115 HO on. It has a 6" Vance manual JP. Only 10 hrs on the motor but I'm getting the props dialed in. Looking forward to reading some setups and ideas.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Well hello mrc great group over here. Just my cup of tea, rebuilds. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatorglenn said:

Hey, you posting your rebuild here too.? I'm still trying to figure out taptalk

mrc.in.wi said:
gatorglenn said:

Hey, you posting your rebuild here too.? I'm still trying to figure out taptalk

Haven't posted anything on the rebuild yet. Need to get some progress first. [emoji23] Ive been so busy working on the house. And when Iam not Iam fishing out of my son-n-laws boats. This mite turn into a while. Looks like I might be getting a ski run-about. Again [emoji23]

Hi, my name is Tony. If i could clean out my garage i would be able to get one of the projects i have, started. Wow, that's a run on sentence. Any who, this will be a blast. Right? I'll have questions and pics for you ok. Let's keep each other entertained kay. I'm already stoked. I want to stay within the lines on this build so here comes the questions, that is if there are any left. Well that's enough about us. Tell me a little more about you. It's after midnight, don't suppose i could get a bowl of cereal? It'll be rude of me, but who's to stop me. ( a moderator) Too bad. I'm hungry. Oh, i forgot,. Be careful out there. Tin Boats rocks!

Latest posts