New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Holatim....good to have you on board. You're gonna love being part of the family here.

Molokai....never feel silly. You're answer was dead on accurate.

fender66 said:
Molokai....never feel silly. You're answer was dead on accurate.
Fishing and kids.....i'll leave the BS to when im telling them about the fish ive caught :lol:

Hi, I'm Tony.
I've lived in western Michigan all my life, which has been a really long time. I just bought a 1985 Lund Pro Angler 16, and a friend of mine told me there will be lots of good aluminum boat stuff here for me to use to build it up just how I want it. So if you're trying to get rid of a 50-70 horse OB with trim & tilt, a GPS enabled bow mount electric with remote, or a really nice sonar unit for really cheap, please let me know. :D

Hi my name is Kevin, from Georgia, I was looking to buy a boat. If it's already fixed up the way I would like it, that would be fine but its hard to find one like that. I'm looking for a 1448, 1552 or bigger up to 1656, and a live well is almost a must? I'm also looking to get a nice trailer; if I have to buy a trailer separately well, I guess thats just what I'll have to do? If you could help me or direct me to someone that could help me I would be appreciative of it? I have a cell phone if needed, and If you must send me pics, I'll gladly check them out? Please Help?

Hey folks my names Jerry and I just signed up today. I've owned a couple fiberglass rigs but its been a while since I've owned a aluminum but I am back in one now. My new boat is a pre 72 starcraft that has been completely transformed. I wish I could take credit for the work but I got it with it already done. I am from Sumner county TN.I live maybe 10-15 , minutes from KY.

Attachments

• starcraft.jpg
    starcraft.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,569
88evinrude said:
Hey folks my names Jerry and I just signed up today. I've owned a couple fiberglass rigs but its been a while since I've owned a aluminum but I am back in one now. My new boat is a pre 72 starcraft that has been completely transformed. I wish I could take credit for the work but I got it with it already done. I am from Sumner county TN.I live maybe 10-15 , minutes from KY.

Welcome .. another TN guy .. Im in Chattanooga :)

nrgeek said:
88evinrude said:

Welcome .. another TN guy .. Im in Chattanooga :)
Your about 3 hours from me.

88evinrude said:
Welcome Jerry and nice looking rig! Im in sumner county as well, in Portland!

Wyatt said:
88evinrude said:
Welcome Jerry and nice looking rig! Im in sumner county as well, in Portland!
id say your about 15-20 minutes away

Been lingering around for a couple months in here. Traded my fishing kayak for a 1232 flat bottom a couple months ago...

9fba591cc152dde05bb3dd321a8c4fea.jpg

b0e61881a444b484cd47f54bbe153e8f.jpg

Sold that today, turned around and bought this.

5899a5f60cec694dc4d6ff7a29a3cb00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi from sw fla, just joined tinboat crew this week!My name is Scott holt "aka"scooter. like to give a shout out to all members in SW Fla!! Salt on one side,fresh in middle LOL.I own a 14ft Jon that's in need of second make over.Cant wait to start the project with the help from all the info I've gotten from
everyone's boat rebuilds I've seen on site!!Will post pics when I get started,love site and family attitude from everyone here!Big thinks to Jim for this great site! Scooter

Hey ya'll I'm Kevin. I'm a week late on this but here we go lol.
-I'm did almost 21 yrs in the Army before being medically retired; served tours in South Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, was an Instructor at Ft Eustis, and was in 101st & 160th at Ft. Campbell
-I have four kids, two boys/two girls
-I love fishing, guns, woodworking, fixing/piddling with things and a plethora of other hobbies.
-I'm a licensed A&P
-I love a good time but my flash to bang is zero
-I hope I can be helpful and a source of information to ya'll!

Welcome
Oh I'll never forget the clay at Campbell. Just jump in anytime. Lol I couldn't resist. Actually I'm fairly new myself here but this is a great site with a lot of great ideas and modifications everyone can learn something and share something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there everybody! It's a pleasure joining you gentlemen. My name is Luke. I fish out of the Atlanta/N.GA area. Primarily on Lanier for Striper, Spotted Bass and Catfish. I'm 26 years young and have been fishing for about 25 of them. Most of the time out of a tinboat! I look forward to sharing and learning from you all! Cheers.

hello all,new to the site but ive been checking out all the ideas I have a 14ft aqua swan that's 54 inches wide at the middle seat Ive been wanting to fix it up for a while but ive been laid up myself cancer put me out of work for now its came back 3 times since oct 2014 all December3 surgeries and chemo and radiation twice now they want me to do chemo and rad again , I was in moffit cancer hospital in tampa fl I had a small tumor removed approx. 98% on the rear of my brain so I can barely walk at the moment just to weak from laying in hospital bed for a month this is why its gonna take a while yet but im itching to get started ive been spending so much time online just looking for ideas I don't care for a livewell but I do want rod storage and seating for me and my 2 kids 10 and 13 I have a 25hp evinrude on it but I need a trolling motor still to many lakes around here to continue letting it sit ,im in winter haven fl so theres no shortage of water holes to hit I only fish for bass no cats or crappie all catch and release anyway thank you guys for sharing the knowledge you each have gained doing this yourself I hope to be able to put something decent together my first problem is someone ripped out the front seat all that's left is a piece of the bracket on 1 side I want it decked to the bow and a foot controlled trolling motor up front so I need to figure out how to support it up there

thanks jim ,I think its gonna be alright eventually, im not giving up anyway and all this sitting around just making me want to fish and I would be but im not allowed to drive at the moment I see the lake out my front door and its driving me nuts its only 1 block away