New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy all .. .My name is Johnny and I'm currently living in central Iowa. .contemplating heading west but at the elevations I'm looking at not sure I could keep doing the kind of fishing I love so there's a quandary . .ha!. . anyway . .just picked up an oldie but pretty goodie this week and being the guy that I am . .immediately stripped it down to bare metal and gonna retrofit from there. . its a 74- I think- Appleby ..16 footer wide n deep. . very clean solid boat overall with just a little welding to do up on the tie down loop at the bow. .came with a full set up of extra's- 7.5 honda, t.m., depth n fish finders, 4 swivels, pretty nice trailer, etc. ..currently have it down to bare hull and waiting for time to get in and start the clean, sand, n paint process ..then building the interior layout, and finishing with carpet- flooring is my trade so that's the easy part for me- . .so looking forward to interacting with folks here and learning as much as I can . .take care and go Huskers!! ..

Hi everyone my name is Shane I live in Dodge county Ga. I have just traded my 1970 1232 flat bottom for a 1965 1432 flat bottom. Looking forward to working on this boat it has a lot of potential. I have been looking at the rebuilds some of you have done and gotten a lot of good ideas of what I want to do. So anyway I will be posting my progress and looking to forward to talking with you guys.

Hello everyone, my name is Abraham and I am from Southeast Kansas. I've been lurking this site for a little over a year. I am a fairly new boat owner and have two flat bottoms with one purchased just a couple days ago and the other has been resting in my yard up until a month or so ago before I started the rebuild. One is a 1648 Loweline and the other is a 10 footer I've yet to measure the width on:) It's a one man boat after the last time a friend and I were out on it. Must be getting too fat nowadays lol.

This is a great site for anything boat related imo. Lots of clever ideas and actually seeing the ideas implemented has really helped me out. I've learned more about boats on here in a year than I did in the 33 years previous. Fantastic site and keep up the good work :mrgreen:

Hello to everyone. My name is Matt from Oviedo FL (30 minutes from Orlando). Native Floridian. Married, 34 Years Old, Hunt in Georgia (Abbeyville), Fish (mosquito lagoon, banana river and Indian river), local fresh water rivers and lakes, work as a building engineer and all that good stuff. I used to run in Bass tournaments with my dad as a young buck and have always fished in some form or fashion. 4 years ago I got real big into kayak fishing but really am tired of paddling. So I just got a 14 1/2' v-hull that has no markings or numbers on it so I have no clue what make and model it is and of course no title due to never having had a motor on it. Hopefully with Bill of Sale I will be able to get registered. Took it for a dip yesterday and It is very stable and water tight. Hoping to add a 15hp motor to it and low deck it. I got all the paint stripped off and cleaned up and I am hoping to prime tomorrow. We will see what happens.

I look forward to seeing what you all have to say and will provide any feedback if its something I can assist any of you with.

- Matt

Hello, everyone from Sanford, NC. I'm very excited about this site. I have been lurking as a non-member for about two weeks, and got a boat yesterday. It's a 12' 1973 Sea King V Hull with a 6hp Mercury motor.

The hull seems to be in pretty good shape and the motor appears to need an impeller and a carb cleaning. I know nothng of outboards, but this seems easy enough. The previous owner stated it was running hot, so I assume it may need a good flushing out as well. I have not fully decided what mods I am going to do yet. I would like a flat floor and some storage, just to keep it organized. One question I am seeking an answer to is if I decided to do a front deck, and remove the middle bench, what do I do with the brackets that will be left?

I'm also very interested to find other people from central NC.

Here are a few bad cell phone pics. Just as I got it home, a thunderstorm hit.....

boatside.jpg

boatfront.jpg

boatmotor.jpg

New to the site. Heard about this from someone on UltimateBass. Just finished fixing up my 13' Jon. Will post some pics in the appropriate section.

Hello all I'm 40 years old I live in Central Alabama. I have owned several boats over the years mainly flat bottom jon boats. I ran across this site when I was looking for information on my new old boat I just aquired. I love the jon boat conversion pages. I see alot of usefull information on them. Well back to work now talk to yall later.

Hello from Northeast Indiana! I've had a '77 Alumacraft Flying D for a couple of years and decided this was the year to mod it! Lots of info here that I'm finding very helpful!

Live in El Centro ca which is on the border. About 120 mi east of San Diego and 60 mi west of Arizona. Served in the navy from 1979-1983. I have worked at Frito Lay since 1994. I have been married for 35 yrs and we have 5 children and 9 grand kids so far.

Hello
Live in Northern California and love fishing the Sacramento delta, the bays, and the ocean, near shore, on calm days. Have an old Alumaweld center console that I purchased stripped, and fixed her up and have some great times on. Just purchased an R. B. 23' cabin cruiser, it was built for a couple in Oregon, and now we are in the process of making it ours. Love making memories, with the kids and now grandkids.

Attachments

• new boat14 (800x600).jpg
    new boat14 (800x600).jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 2,263
Good evening to you all from WV. I traded up a Sea King 10' jon the other day and was looking on the net for some ideas to upgrade and trouble shoot my first little project. I've been looking around and losts of good pics and advise found here. I'll try and get some pics posted in the next couple of days, thanks for having me and look forward to learning more.

Joe