New River Trash Fish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New River Rat

Reaction score
Got out today chasing winter smallmouth, but wound up with this instead, Caught it on a Med-light/Fast action rod a friend built on a Jig and pig another friend poured.

IMG_3220_zpsb7f87e81.jpg

Wow!! I've wanted to catch a musky since I was a lad. Good for you!!!! Closest I've gotten to fishing in 2013 was putting new line on a couple of reels last night.

lovedr79 said:
indeed a musky, the fish of 10,000 casts.

The lake I grew up on...Kinkaid Lake in Southern Illinois will break that quote to pieces! We catch one every other trip (bass fishing).

I'm with you on the despising them New River Rat. I have lost many a good lures and a lot of time in tournaments because of those things!

That's a beautiful fish! Being a Georgia boy, I'd love to put a hook in one of those.

They ate very hard to catch in the shenandoah. Everyone catches them or so they say. But won't tell you how to catch them. We spent a whole day trying everything on a restricted part of the river and nothing. The guy who lives on that section said he catches them anytime they have a neighbor hood tourney.

Latest posts