old quachita boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdmcconnell

Reaction score
i have an old quachita boat and have started tearing it apart to replace all the bad wood and repaint it and was wondering if anyone has every taken out the live well that is in these. I took all the screws out and tried to pull up on it but i can't seem to get it out. Thanks for any help

Attachments

• IMG_0213 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0213 - Copy.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,016
:WELCOME: to Tinboats!

If it won't come out there has got to be another screw hiding. Do you see any evidence of sealant being used?

We needs pics of the boat. Pics here are important.

Did I mention pics?

sixgun86 said:
:WELCOME: to Tinboats!

If it won't come out there has got to be another screw hiding. Do you see any evidence of sealant being used?

We needs pics of the boat. Pics here are important.

Did I mention pics?

+1 :WELCOME: and pictures please

sorry i havent been on here in a while and havent had much time to work on the boat lately. i am having trouble getting the old wood out from under the live well. it looks like the floor was put in and then the live well was put in and welded down. if anyone has any ideas about the best way to get the floor out without taking out the live well it would be a lot of help. here are a few pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0340.JPG
    IMG_0340.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 805
  • IMG_0341.JPG
    IMG_0341.JPG
    988.2 KB · Views: 805
Get a big hammer, just kidding. From the looks of the first pic it appears that there could be hidden screw under the wood deck, probably on all four sides of the live well. The wood is shot so I would use a pry bar and some leverage and rip the old floor out and you will more than likely see some kind of mounting bracket. Get the ole grinder out and cut the bolts or screws from the mounting bracket and remove the live well. Does that drain go thru the hull or under the deck connected to a hose?

I managed to get the wood out with ought pulling the live well. I think it's welded down with the two square tabs in the picture but I think I will be able to get it all back together without taking it out. Thanks for the advice

Latest posts