Please help me with some ideas!!! 14.5 flats boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tampajosh89'

Reaction score
I just picked her up and I already removed the center console. Now I want to build a new one or remove the bench seat. I want to keep the structural integrity. Can I do what I see alot of people doing with the aluminum boats and the front seat how they keep a little of the seat there and run plywood and cut it out so you don't have to lift your feet over the bench when swiveling. Anyways heres my boat throw some ideas my way! Thanks josh

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 577
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 577
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 577
best thing i could tell you is look at pictures lots of them then it will click and you will know exactly what you want to build took me about a month of looking then i found it and she is mostly finished click the link in my sig to see my progress

:WELCOME: Are you sure that thing is 14.5......looks like a 12 to me. Good looking skiff, Looks pretty good to me. Why did you take the console out? Was it too tippy?

Welcome Josh, That's a nice little skiff. Cutting the center bench out isn't recommended because it
keeps the sides from flexing and stiffens the boat. Also the center bench is a great storage spot for Life Jackets and gear, or installing a bait well and/or a live well.
I think I would remove the center console seat, put it in the front on a swivel like the rear one, and make storage bin in the center bench where the seat was located.
Hope this helps :)
Jerry

Yeah it's 14.5 classified as a homemade boa, looks like it came from a mold. Anyway whoever had it before me built the bench seat and it's a live well but I use it for storage now. I cut the console out cuz it was in the way. I'm going to put a swivel seat on the front but just wasn't sure if I could remove the seat because I do want to put a console either on the bench seat or something. This thing had a 40hp on it haha. I currently have the 9.9 evinrude but I'm looking for a 25 or 30.
Thanks guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 547
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 547
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 547

Latest posts