Post Picture of Your First Fish of 2011

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, I went out today for the first time this year.

SKUNK CITY! I still had fun, and don't feel too bad because there were 4 or 5 other boats out there and nobody even had so much as a bite.

fender66 said:
Sadly, I went out today for the first time this year.

SKUNK CITY! I still had fun, and don't feel too bad because there were 4 or 5 other boats out there and nobody even had so much as a bite.

It happens to the best of us, or just maybe me 95% of the time.

Captain Ahab said:
bulldog said:
15.5" Smallie in a 4" june bug vibra-tube. 48 degree water.

That is an awesome catch! Love the colors - def. on e of the best looking fish out there

That's the biggest one I have ever caught! My goal is a 4 pounder this year. I'm hooked on smallies now.

richg99 said:
S N O W ???? I left all of that back in Illinois thirty years ago.

I took this picture, just a few minutes ago..., of my Houston Winter playground....

8 acres...only two or three of the residents EVER fish it. Full of small bass with big heads and no bellies. No one, including me, takes any fish out. I know we should, but it is hard to kill a fish if I am not going to eat it...rich

Maybe arrange some sort of agreement with the neighbors; find a small church or small place that feeds a few homeless, keep 5-10 bass per month (in the 12-18" range) for that purpose.

That will help reduce the mouths to feed and increase the size of the remaining bass.

Hit my honey hole up again and this time caught a real first fish of the year! Then backed it up with my biggest of the day( 5lb 10 oz)

DSCN0586.jpg

DSCN0587.jpg

All off my new tin!

Troutman you know i got to stick with what works and cranks are my weapon of choice. My baby girl is good growing too fast definitely a handful! How you been, hows lanier? You been out recently? I am trying to make it out there soon to visit the in laws and getting on some smallies/stripers! I got some crankbaits from my personal stash ill bring you next time im there!

I've been out 5 times so far this year....I'd be the Nolan Ryan of fishing right now all no hitters. I've only had 1 hookup this year and a few strikes. Last trip out I only had one strike, but it was nice to get out. I'm eagerly anticipating a catch this year.

Edited to update my 5th trip out, still without action....almost managed to sink my boat though in 30 MPH winds w/60 MPH gusts out of nowhere. Made it home safe but fishless

Latest posts