Rebuilding a 416 Savage JABIRU

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Pweisbrod
I have installed the aluminum angle (2x2x1/4) for the seat mounts and dropped them into position for the photo's
I have attached the casting deck add ons to the gunnels using 2x1/4 flat bar inside the gunnels and stainless steel 3/8 boltts
Ive striped the gunnels of paint now and cleaned the inside up ready for paint
Tipped the boat over and prepared the hull for spaying with etch primer today
here's a couple of pics of the seat mounts and their positions before I cleaned the inside up

punt 23.JPG
punt 22.JPG

Primed and painted the bottom of the boat today
Painted with a 2 pack polyurethane paint
Minister for finances and wars picked the color purple
She says it's the color of a flower called the Morning Glory so I guess that will be the name of the boat
Came out quiet good,some decals down the sides to break it up will be good
Here's some pics

punt 27.JPG
punt 28.JPG
punt 29.JPG

I will admit it wouldn't be my first choice but you sure lad it down well, and it actually looks like it'll be cool on a fishing boat.

I love the progress. We like colorful boats down/up(to you) here in FL too. "Morning Glory" is a cool name and a beautiful flower. They grow on long delicate vines and produce beautiful trumpet-shaped flowers. Samurai prized them for their beauty and resilience. Keep the pics coming!

Nice work Shaggs, some graphics on the sides would be sharp.
Looks like you are close to getting it wet again, keep the pics coming. Jerry :) .

Gave the boat trailer a going over ,wheel bearing ,bunk boards and cleaned up and painted with Killrust paint
Put the boat back on the trailer and started on cutting out the the access holes for the fuel tank fillers and live well at the rear
Fitted the nutserts for the passenger and driver seat inserts
Getting there slowly
Need to do the front casting deck plate tomorrow and fit the front deck seat insert then drill all the holes for the screws,strip it out again and vacuum the drill swarf out and paint the inside and gunnels
Here's a few pics of the progress

punt 30.JPG
punt 31.JPG
punt 32.JPG

Update on where I'm at withe the boat
Painted the inside and the gunnels
Made up battery box holders and painted then fitted rubber to the bottom of them and fitted them in the front bench which is hidden under the casting deck
These batteries will be for the trolling motor only
Fitted the aluminum sheets into the lower floor after fitting rubber strips to the bracing to reduce noise
Fitted rubber strips to the framework for the front casting deck and fitted the aluminum sheeting in
Modified the console by lowering it and shortening the width also added 4 inches out the back of it to sit the sounder and other electrics on
Primed and painted and fitted it in
Cut the drivers chair post down by 4 inches(must have been a basket ball player owned previously LOL)painted and ready for fitting
Fitted the insert for passengers seat and the insert on front casting deck
It is getting there but nothing happens in a hurry here anymore
I will do another update as I progress slowly with fitting the forward controls and electrics before fitting the tanks and rear casting deck,then the motor
Here is a few pics

One of the battery box holders with one of the two rubber strips glued in place
punt 35.JPG
The battery box's and holders fitted to the front bench
punt 34.JPG
The boat as it stands at the moment with floor,front deck ,console and seat post inserts fitted
punt 33.JPG

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328927#p328927 said:
hudflat » Today, 15:28[/url]"]nice work, you dont mess around! Looks good!

Same thought! Looks like you really dug into that project. NICE!

hey Shaggs,

Nice to see an Aussie n here.... and your boat is looking right as rain....
My wife is from perth area... actually twin lakes a suburb of perth...
I lived there for a few years....
We used to go fishing for Barramundi all the time in the swan river... and we went up to broome a few times on the top end...

just wanted to say your boat is looking great.

That plate you are using it is called checker plate? I have never seen that just diamond plate... I like that checker plate a lot...

Thanks for the replies fellas
There are some similarities there Lowe 270 cc,lake Tinaroo is about 1500 miles from me but they catch some huge Barra there
kcatto,I was born and bred in Perth but have lived in the tropics for the last 25 years

I have made some progress with the tinny
I'll let the pics tell the story
Have not bothered to clean the motor up as it has to come of again to fit the CNC tilt trim which will sit it about 5 inches further back
I have to fit the windshield to the console and the grab bar over that
There's a LED high powered spotlight sitting in the middle of the console in the front on pic ,it will be getting fitted to the grab bar
Hinges have to be fitted to hatches ,rod storage yet to be fitted,rear handrails to be fitted
Seats have been ordered just waiting on them to come in
Have picked out decals but not ordered them yet due to trouble with Fleabay account
I hope to have it finished by the 18th of September as goose season starts that day
Regards
Shaun
Couple of pics
punt 36.JPG
punt 37.JPG

Well it's the 18th today and the opening day of geese season
The tinny isn't finished but it is due to circumstances beyond my control
Still waiting on delivery of the seats,decals and a mate to come back from working interstate to bend the handrails
Finished everything else fitted the bilge pump and wired in a new sounder
Fitted hinges to all the hatch lids
Last thing to go on today is the compliance plate
Out to shoot some geese tomorrow morning or maybe even this afternoon if I lift my game
punt 12.JPG

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=324491#p324491 said:
shaggs » 01 Aug 2013, 15:08[/url]"]
file.php
\

Love the boat, but I think I would take up golf.