recessed tm foot control???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
russ010 said:
you can do the tm mount like he did his anchor mount... just use aluminum angle (found at home depot or lowes) and you can actually use nuts/bolts to put them together, then lay your aluminum inside the mock design made by the angle

I'm actually thinking about just cutting out a flat sheet of aluminum in the shape it needs to be to make a 3-d box, then bend it to form the box, then have flanges where I can rivet it together. Then use the angle just as a trim along the edge of hole. Not really sure yet, guess it just depends on if I can find the materials cheap enough. :?

Russ pretty well covered my suggestion. Make you a box, either with flat pieces with aluminum angle forming the corner, or bend the shape up, and just use the angle as the mounting lip across the top.

bassboy1 said:
Russ pretty well covered my suggestion. Make you a box, either with flat pieces with aluminum angle forming the corner, or bend the shape up, and just use the angle as the mounting lip across the top.

How much would you think the materials would run me for this? The sheeting and angle? The sheeting, it would only take about a 24" x 24" sheet, and about a 5-6ft piece of angle. Also, What gauge aluminum do you think would be sufficient? Would .06" be enough?

I'm not sure if I would like one of those because I like my momentary switch on the side I'm fishing. If I'm fishing on the right side then my switch is on the right and the same is true if I'm fishing on the left side then the switch is on the left side. The switch is portable.

Attachments

• DSC00317.JPG
    DSC00317.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 388
When you put the foot pedal in one spot, it forces you to learn to work you pedal with both feet... I almost always used to use my right foot, and I fish out of the right side of the most most times... but now in about a day's time, I can work the pedal with both feet, and hardly ever do I use my right foot any more.

Bubba - as far as pricing goes, if you can find a scrap yard that would be the best place to get your sheeting... but now that I'm thinking about it, that $79 troll eze setup you found might make it not worth the hassle of trying to figure it all out.

russ010 said:
Bubba - as far as pricing goes, if you can find a scrap yard that would be the best place to get your sheeting... but now that I'm thinking about it, that $79 troll eze setup you found might make it not worth the hassle of trying to figure it all out.

Thats kind what i'm wondering about. Not really sure if it would be worth the trouble of trying to make it myself. And i'm sure that one would be better quality(welded, powdercoated, etc) than the one I could come up with...haha. :(