reel bearings

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joho5

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys had upgraded the bearings in your reels.

I have an older curado 3:8 for crankbait fishing and I wanted to upgrade the 3 bearings involved with casting (both sideplates, and one on spool)

I was wondering how to determine the size of the bearing, so I know what to order.

all of these bearings are 3x10x4 you can get them off ebay... I use this guy though:

https://www.biggreenfish.com/

You might as well replace the drag while youre in there. I created a powerpoint with pictures that demonstrates bearing replacement on the older curado B like yours. PM me your email if ya want it. You really dont have to take the reel apart to replace those particular bearings though. The bearing on spool shaft is a pain. The others are easy.

I changed the bearings on both my scorpions. I would do it again. I might order the super tuning kit for my Curado 300 through that link posted above!

i upgraded the bearings in my ambassadeur tg 6000 the same day i bought it . holy cow the backlash the first time i casted it.way different than the original :LOL2:

I upgrade spool bearing on all my Shimano reels to ABEC7 bearings. I was using Boca Bearings Orange Seals but switched to the ABEC7 bearings that BigGreenFish.com has, I can't justify the cost of the Boca Bearings at this point. Also, if the reel has a drive shaft bushing, I switch that out with a bearing and upgrade the stock drag washer to a Carbontex drag washer.

Latest posts