Saturday Tourney

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brine

Reaction score
Got to go out and fish a the season opener (as a non-boater) with a local jon-boat club and managed to take 2nd place with over 16# of fish.

The air temps were in the low 30's with a steady 20mph wind all day. Tough conditions to fish in, but the fish seemed hungry in the morning. Everyone else reported just about the same thing. We caught them on jerkbaits and the A-rig. I threw around the jig for a couple hours while my partner through the sink at them trying to get a kicker, but.... it never happened. The winners caught an 8# an hour before the end of the tournament. Otherwise, we were in good position to win. Here's a pic of the sack minus 1 fish. My hands were too cold to pick up the 5th and hold it. :)

2.jpg

Thanks Folks.

fender,

Water temp was between 48 and 50 degrees throughout the areas we fished, and they seemed to like the 50 alot better :)

Brine said:
Thanks Folks.

fender,

Water temp was between 48 and 50 degrees throughout the areas we fished, and they seemed to like the 50 alot better :)

I'm not sure what our temps are right now since I haven't been on the water this year....but....I'm sure they are low 40s. Still....I want to be out there so bad! Storm of ice/snow coming tonight...looks like I have to wait longer. #-o