Shattered Humminbird Screen

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoghunter17

Reaction score
Well on my last fishing trip something very unfortunate happened to my fish finder. After a few fish I went to cast a jig out and didn't check my line before casting, line broke and the jig went directly towards my Humminbirds screen shattering it... it is bad!I was so devastated, I packed up and left for the ramp.

The unit itself still works and reads perfectly. It just now has all of these cracks all over the place. Is there anyone out there who has a suggestion as to what I could do??? Maybe replace the glass/plastic screen???

I didn't want to start taking it apart and screw it up even more.... Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you

Attachments

• phpk6ZL2nAM.jpg
    phpk6ZL2nAM.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 623
If the LCD behind the screen still works without any bleeding areas, then you probably only broke the protective glass cover. It should be fairly easy to replace.

I would wait a day or two, as sometimes simple punctures of the LCD take a while to "Leak". You may want to take a look at it a couple of days later to ensure that the LCD itself isn't damaged. That gets a whole lot more expensive to replace.

I don't have any service suggestions, but once it's opened, I would think that almost any glass repair place should be able to make you a new one.

Or you could take it to a repair center.

Good luck!

I am hoping that is the case, as I have not seen any of the "leaking" issues within the LCD thus far. I am a little nervous to take it apart though, I read that fish finders are sealed quite tightly to prevent moisture damage, and that the glass/plastic part is actually attached to the LCD with a sealant. This could have been misinterpreted, although I guess the only thing for me to do now it open it up and assess the situation.

Thank you for the response!

Maybe post in the "Wanted" section for a dead fish finder of similar screen size? It shouldn't be hard to find one.

If you can use it as is, you may want to consider leaving it. If not, what is there to lose? It looks like Humminbird will replace a screen for about $300, which is probably more than your unit is worth.

Good luck!

Latest posts