Shimano Reel - What Rod?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cubman

Reaction score
I have a Shimano Sahara 1500 reel, and was wondering what type of rod I should look for to go with this reel? I will mostly be using hardbaits and 8 lb. line. I currently have spiderwire in the purple box from Wal-Mart, but I do not like how it is holding up. What type of line would you all reccomend? Thanks.

For the hard baits I would go with a medium rod. 6'6 or 7 foot. Line...you just have to experiment until you find one you like. I have a dozen different brands and go back and forth cuz im in the same boat.

Depending on your price range the rod brand can vary quite a bit. I would personally use a 6' - 6'6" medium action rod. As for as the line goes, I just made the switch to Suffix Siege and like it so far. Low memory and casts nice. Haven't had anything large on it yet but will soon hopefully. Next weekend I should be getting out for some Channel Cat action. The guy that is guiding me want's to try for some Bass as well. (Note to self: Bring the camera this time dummy)

Im a huge fan of trilene Xt for spinning gear, as for the rod, I would get a 7ft med action with a fast tip, but if you bank fish where casting can be an issue you might want to go with a 6'6

Latest posts