Should i Pay 400$ for a motor with issues

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TightyDub

Reaction score
im looking at an Evinrude 6hp OB motor model number 6602E, the year isnt listed but it shows videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s0CltJ_qC4 of it running out our local lake

the choke rod is missing but there is nothing wrong with the choke itself and the rear latch for the motor cover is missing and its bunjied up...

nice compression and new head gasket

new fuel pump, impeller water pump, rebuilt carb and new lower seals

says that it is not in excellent shape but very good shape, starts first pull check out that video and let me know what you think

he wants 400$ i think hes just trying to make money back on what he put into it... how much should i offer ?

I have one like it (1977 Evinrude 6hp) with zero issues, runs like new, and also looks great that you can have for $400. Very low hours on this motor. Shipping might be $50.
Heck mine is 11 years newer then that one and has electronic ignition versus points.

The motor in the video I wouldn't pay more the $200 for. Buy it cheap or wait for something better to come along.

Dont buy a motor that old for that price.. their selling it for a reason, dont buy someone elses problem..

thanks for the info there was a nice 7.5 gamefisher for 300 but i want to buy something i can get parts for like an evinrude. ill offer him 150 to start lol

I bought my 68' 6hp evinrude for $175 and it was in good running condition. $400 is wayy to much in my opinion as well.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=316540#p316540 said:
TightyDub » Yesterday, 16:44[/url]"]thanks for the info there was a nice 7.5 gamefisher for 300 but i want to buy something i can get parts for like an evinrude. ill offer him 150 to start lol

errrr yah.... good anchors. :LOL2: