Smackdaddy's "Pole Dancer" 1652 Polar Kraft flush deck jet b

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I look forward to seeing the finished project. That to me is the perfect boat. I would love to attempt something similar. Very good job.

Country Dave said:
Dope........ =D>
You so crazy

Second coat done, this morning I am going to spray one more coat on the deck and pods and take her home and start getting my console lined out and plan some rigging. I am ordering LEDs for under the gunnels, inside the hatches, running lights, anchor light and a light bar to mount under the platform for running at night.

Gators5220 said:
Lookin good, why did you prime it in red if you don't mind me asking?
That is what color the Tuffcoat primer is.

I think it will be fine on bare feet, it is rough but not hard rough. The chunks are rubber. The color is light enough it should be fine in the Summer.

Oh I got ya, and I don't think it'll be a problem all of my bed liner is textured and it's fine on your feet.

Gators5220 said:
Oh I got ya, and I don't think it'll be a problem all of my bed liner is textured and it's fine on your feet.
I have been working on the boat barefooted for the last three days and it is comfortable. The first day I had it in the sun for several hours curing the Tuffcoat and when I stepped on it was not hot at all.
I got the handrails, poling platform, push pole holders mounted permanently today. I bought a tube of Tef-Gel from Austrailia and it is supposedly the cure for dissimilar metal corrosion so I used it on all my stainless fasteners where they meet the aluminum. The gel is super sticky PTFE (teflon paste). Anyone on this site should use this stuff!
I ordered my seat cushions today and they will be ready on my next days off. I will be mounting the motor for the last time hopefully and taking it to the mechanic for a tune up. I also ordered my LEDs and miscellaneous parts to finish this project. It is about time!
If anyone has questions or comments please post up, not much activity on my thread lately, I am beginning to think my people have grown bored with my build or I need to take more pictures and post how I fabbed things...
Here she is.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400729926.462298.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400729973.378989.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400729988.145682.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400730000.594678.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400730015.679251.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400730030.378447.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400730042.645275.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400730055.062377.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400730065.412038.jpg

I've been watching this since you started and it's amazing what some hard work and time can do for a boat. Looks awesome! Ready to see some pictures with some fish!

Thanks guys. It was a learning experience from day one. I will be building more but when I get my shop done I will be building from scratch and will have all my own welding equipment.
I love this boat and have not even splashed it and cranked the motor yet!

rscottp said:
Boat looks awesome, when is the motor going on?
Next days off I will mount it for the final time hopefully. I am about to start rigging controls, wiring, lights, bilges etc next days off then take it to the shop for a tune up. Im not Russian, I am German...I like to take my time so it gets done right.
I quit trying to estimate when I will be done because there is no point. It will be done when I get done I suppose! Haha

Latest posts