Smackdaddy's "Pole Dancer" 1652 Polar Kraft flush deck jet b

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=353293#p353293 said:
smackdaddy53 » 23 May 2014, 11:20[/url]"]
rscottp said:
Boat looks awesome, when is the motor going on?
Next days off I will mount it for the final time hopefully. I am about to start rigging controls, wiring, lights, bilges etc next days off then take it to the shop for a tune up. Im not Russian, I am German...I like to take my time so it gets done right.
I quit trying to estimate when I will be done because there is no point. It will be done when I get done I suppose! Haha

There came a time in my build that I said the exact same thing. Its ok to have a rough time frame so things can keep moving forward but its difficult if not impossible to take in to consideration all of the variables. Life doesn't stop because we're building a boat. Work family etc still has to have some priority, and then there's always the unexpected things that pop up that we haven't any control over.

When its done is not what's important, when its done and its how you want it, that's what's important. It's dope bro and you should be proud... :mrgreen:

That boat is sick looking[WARNING SIGN] You're right about life happening and slowing down progress Dave. One of these days I'll get finished with my duracraft. [DIZZY FACE] oh well.
Great Job smack

I have not taken any pictures today, I spent most of the day contorted halfway under the front deck of my boat running wires, mounting LEDs, fishing wires and making it look pretty. I will get some shots tomorrow.
I already mounted my six 20" green LED strips under the gunnels, got my front nav lights mounted, front and rear hatch LEDs and two strips under the poling platform. The last one was the hardest to fish through the platform leg and around the top ring. Got it though!

Can't wait to see the pics! I'm sure it will be awesome if you put 1/4 of the effort into it as you did in the rest of your boat. Your attention to detail is astounding! Helluva job bud!

I worked too late on it and had to throw the cover over it and high tail it to my girls house to eat breakfast for supper...no pics today! I will get some tomorrow.

Alright. I got some pictures while being swarmed by huge Texas mosquitos that just hatched after pur recent 10" rain. I hate those **** things!
I installed a black starboard spray shield on the gunnels and got the rub rail done as well. The LEDs on the poling platform still need to be wired. I am working up ideas to make the wiring as concealed as possible.
The spray guard is 1/2" thick by 4" wide starboard ripped down on a table saw and I decided to go ahead and run it all around the boat and on the bow as well. I fastened it with #14 stainless screws every 12" and the rub rail covers the heads. The rub rail screws are every 6" and run through the starboard into the gunnel cap so that is super beefed up and solid. The red/green nav lights under the bow are going to be complimented by red/greens on the sides of the console as well so I will be super legal.
Here you go!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401904830.744135.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401904841.993678.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401904853.277333.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401904864.595351.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401904875.727284.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401904886.044502.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401904899.010147.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401904909.143631.jpg

I installed a RAM mount that holds the trolling motor so it wont bounce around during trailering and in rough water.
I am also going to run a strip of black starboard over those ugly holes in the existing gunnel cap. Still lots to do but it is coming along!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401906958.446536.jpg

I got the lights wired up and all running off one deer feeder battery so I could see what they look like. I am pretty sure the nav lights are bright enough to see 2 nautical miles eh? Once I get my console mounted I can get to the hard wiring. I also still have some tidying up to do as far as wiring goes but it's all functioning!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401939288.106806.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401939305.657002.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401939320.873313.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401939341.057577.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401939358.573433.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401939371.206734.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401939385.523578.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401939396.757222.jpg

Looks awesome Smack:) Really like the look of that edge guard stuff too. Might have to use that on my pile. Keep up the good work.

Abraham said:
Looks awesome Smack:) Really like the look of that edge guard stuff too. Might have to use that on my pile. Keep up the good work.
Thanks! It is starboard and keeps spray from coming over the gunnels and soaking me and my passenger. My buddies Maverick HPX-T has it but a little more subtle.

Thanks! It is starboard and keeps spray from coming over the gunnels and soaking me and my passenger. My buddies Maverick HPX-T has it but a little more subtle.

Smackdaddy, does that starboard, by chance fit over the top of the gunnels? Was thinking if it did, that could help me get some cleaner looking lines around the top of the boat. I've been trying to straighten out some of it with the used of a couple boards and C Clamps and I'm not making much of any progress.

Y_J said:

Smackdaddy, does that starboard, by chance fit over the top of the gunnels? Was thinking if it did, that could help me get some cleaner looking lines around the top of the boat. I've been trying to straighten out some of it with the used of a couple boards and C Clamps and I'm not making much of any progress.
Yes it does and yes it will. Rip it with a table saw and wood finish blade.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=354864#p354864 said:
smackdaddy53 » 05 Jun 2014, 23:32[/url]"]
Y_J said:

Yes it does and yes it will. Rip it with a table saw and wood finish blade.

Awesome. Definitely gonna have to look into that option. I love the looks it gave your project. LOL Mine could use all the help it can get. It's old and beat up (abused badly) but I'm determined to make a decent looking fishing boat out of her. Thanks again.

Man that thing came out sick! I love the navigation lights, that's a good idea.

I got my new liner and stainless impeller in today and I plan on installing them tomorrow. Painting my console and rigging are next on the list. More to come over the next few days.

Latest posts