Stability = width or length?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first thought was to cut it as well but it looks well made and is huge. Go to the lifestyles of the rich and famous forum for tin boats and see what boats like that are worth. https://www.aluminumalloyboats.com
There was a Nissan 25 on a flatly in your neck priced right. Good engine. I got my first flat bottom when I was 10. It was a Duranautic and had a Johnson 6. I've had a 16' monarch with a merc 25 and a bunch of V- nose boats. I see little or no advantage other than pulling them over logs that a flatly has. A platform in the front mounts a seat just as well and the cost is 1/3. They seem to handle better especially in the rough water and a lot safer for the kids if you hit a rouge wake. They can stop dead when you nose them in. Not to start a debate on what is better because they are fine. Now if you drive a BroDozer pickup and need to keep up with your bros that finance store bought boat duck boats then prepare to pay to play. Is your Roth fully funded this year? If not buy something like that 1500 boat I posted but start with a $900 offer. I just can't get past the mentality of financing a toy or passing up on boats that are a deal.

Well guys I got sick and tired of looking at craigslist trying to find a boat. Seems everytime I found one, it was sold already or the seller was a real peice of work. I even broadened my search to 400 miles, I wanted a boat bad! My idea of the boat I wanted changed a bit as I talked with a co-worker. I wanted to be able to pull a tube, he said he thought you needed a console steer to do that legally. I then was on the hunt for a console boat, and honestly liked the idea of one anyway. I was getting ready to "settle" for a 05 Lowe R1652VT tiller/99 Johnson 25hp 2stroke/ painted trailer that a dealer had for $4500. My co-worker said take a week off from looking if your burned out. I asked if he used the gallery function to search craigslist and he said he wasnt familiar with that. I opened up the local list and right there was the boat I wanted, only posted 1hr ago. Are you kidding me? He said what? I said are you lucky or what, there is the boat I want. I contacted the seller and took it for a spin. We shook and I will be picking it up on Sunday when he gets back in town. He wasnt sure how to sell a used boat(paper work) and didnt want to cause any hassle. Plus he couldnt find the registration, I know how that goes. :roll: He went to secratary of state today and got the new title and they explained how to sell the boat. Im excited and think I got a good deal. Ill post pictures when I get the boat.
06 Lowe R1652VTC/06 merc 50hp 2stroke/galvanized swing tongue trailer/$5200

Sounds like an excellent deal. I bought a used boat two weeks ago. Had I been where you are.... (where are you??..not on your profile) and seen that boat, you would never have had a chance! Ha ha

Great buy.....richg99

p.s. For all of the boat lookers out there...Craig's list is the first place that I normally would have looked. However, up here in Eastern Tennessee, another good source is something called
GOLSN.com It stands for Go Local Sales Network. One of the guys at the marina told me about it.

So, if you are looking, and that site covers your area (I don't know how large an area it covers) include it in your search....

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=359996#p359996 said:
richg99 » 18 Jul 2014, 16:38[/url]"]Sounds like an excellent deal. I bought a used boat two weeks ago. Had I been where you are.... (where are you??..not on your profile) and seen that boat, you would never have had a chance! Ha ha

Great buy.....richg99

p.s. For all of the boat lookers out there...Craig's list is the first place that I normally would have looked. However, up here in Eastern Tennessee, another good source is something called
GOLSN.com It stands for Go Local Sales Network. One of the guys at the marina told me about it.

So, if you are looking, and that site covers your area (I don't know how large an area it covers) include it in your search....

Sorry, updated my profile. Im from Howell MI.

Latest posts