Think you got troubles.......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What BA is trying to show is that this car was left parked RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BOAT RAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went to the lake and found it just parked there - between the large NO PARKING signs

I have to back the boat around the moron's car.

When BA jumped out to take the photo we noticed a women perk up and start staring - I yelled over "Is this your car?"

She replied - "Yes" I exclaimed " Well you are parked in the middle of the boat ramp" She replied " I am aware of that"

She went on to tell me that there are two ramps ????? (The other ramp is washed out and sucky)

I finally yelled "Can you move the car as we are using this ramp with the courtesy dock" - I also pointed out the empty 200 car parking lot about 20 feet away

She huffed over and dove her car the twenty feet where she sat and glared at me for a while before leaving

I blame BassAddict

Around here they park on the ramp so they can unload the chairs and coolers at the waters edge. They then sit in the middle of the ramp to fish, or let the kids swim, and glare at any boater who selfishly wants to launch or load a boat.

I couldn't understand what the picture was until it was explained because who could imagine someone would park on the ramp! I thought the car was the picture takers car.

Lowe 2070 CC said:
Around here they park on the ramp so they can unload the chairs and coolers at the waters edge. They then sit in the middle of the ramp to fish, or let the kids swim, and glare at any boater who selfishly wants to launch or load a boat.

Yep we get that here too. Never mind we as boaters pay for these ramps with our registration fees and as fishermen with our license fees. I love coming back to the ramp and they get all huffy and puffy about having to move so I can get my boat out.

This is no b.s. One day I come back to the single lane boat launch there is a guy and I guess his wife a old lady about 5 kids running around some kids in a play pen two strollers and the adults were sitting in lawn chairs. So I beach my boat cause no one would move, back my truck down the ramp while everyone just looks at me like I'm crazy then they ask my if I could load my boat from the swimming area so they didn't have to move.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364614#p364614 said:
KMixson » 8 minutes ago[/url]"]Time to release the parking brake.
Was thinking something similar.

Reach in and shift it to neutral......

I don't think I would have been that nice. Isn't there any wildlife officers in your area you could call?

You see the launch turned into a trailer park beach too many times. Not to long ago I pulled up to one and there was a friggin pack and play set up right on the launch with some broke down pregnant woman and trashy looking guys. I dont even want my kids swimming in that area especially without some sort of shoes in fear of them stepping on discarded hooks

My local ramp is in an eddy for a creek and is always full of floating duck feathers and other crap. I just tell them I wouldn't let my dog swim in that nasty water. I've also seen kids and adults both lose it on the slippery ramp.

I also figure I'd end up a poor 2nd if I got in an argument with a guy and then left my truck and trailer alone at the ramp.

I went out not long ago and when I came back in there was a truck with a trailer in the water parked on the ramp.
I couldn't believe it. In a few minutes a honking big boat comes idling in and starts to load onto the trailer.
I ask the guy (whom I know) why he left his truck and trailer blocking the ramp. His answer "I was only out for a little while."
I calmly said to him that I couldn't be that rude no matter how short a time I was out. He looked at me like he didn't understand.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364502#p364502 said:
Lowe 2070 CC » August 26th, 2014, 10:41 am[/url]"]Around here they park on the ramp so they can unload the chairs and coolers at the waters edge. They then sit in the middle of the ramp to fish, or let the kids swim, and glare at any boater who selfishly wants to launch or load a boat.
Just back the boat down the ramp. They'll move :twisted: