This site causes me to drool and to dream....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roosterrusek

Reaction score
...man do I now have the itch. I have been lurking for awhile now, and have very much been in awe of some of the conversions I have seen. I have been watching Craigslist for months trying to find a cheap 15-16 foot tinboat that I can wrangle into a cool center console flats and river machine!

I think I have found one, and will see how I feel about it in another few days. It's a 16 foot Alumaweld that looks in great shape and the price is right. What I need from you are good reasons that I can use to convince my wife that this is OK to do. I already have a Carolina Skiff but that is for bigger water, this is to be a skinny water machine...

So, any good reasoning I can swing past the wife?

P.S. LOVE this site...will continue drooling and stalking and looking at the awesome builds.

I know what you mean about the site rooster.
I'm hooked also. Trying to sell or trade my 17 ft fiberglass canoe for a good little tin.
This site is like catching the flu,,,, ain't it!!!! lol

Welcome aboard Rooster.

When you get a minute, update your profile and add your location. You may have fellow members nearbye that can help you find a boat and get in trouble with your wife. [-X

Several years ago a friend of mine bought a brand new outboard motor for his wifes birthday present, she was very "impressed" to say the least.

"Sweetheart, these aluminum boats are really like an investment. They hold their value and I've looked around enough to know that we're getting (notice the we) a really good deal on this one. I can basically do some modest upgrades to make it more corfortable for us, and really not have much money into it. Besides, I don't want to tear up the Carolina Skiff in the shallow water, so this aluminum boat allows me to protect the value of the Skiff if we aver decide to sell it some day."

As you see, I have experience in this sort of thing...... :)

Latest posts