TICKS!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Ahab said:
I do not use any pesticides or other inorganic compounds as I know there is no way they are safe for my child or my dog (or me)

Plus, I really hate the idea that when Terminex sprays your yard they just kill everything, good, bad or otherwise. Then the chemical is persuasive in the entire ecosystem and as sure a shooting eventually makes it way into the streams, lakes and river where is kills and harms the fish as well

So you would rather have the pests carry diseases into your home where it can kill you, your family, and your pets. Yes, ticks, roaches, ants all carry diseases that can kill you, your family, and your pets. Don't believe me, google it.

Terminix products are safe for you, your dog, your family and the evironment when used in accordance with thier and the EPAs guidelines. Google it too.

Getting pretty tired of the "its a chemical it must be bad" un-informed thinking the eco-nazis want people to believe.
Especially when tehy assume companies only use "chemicals" and never check to see if they offer a more "natural" solution.
https://www.reuters.com/article/2009/07/07/idUS203490+07-Jul-2009+PRN20090707

I understand what you are saying - AND I certainly use non chemical ways to kill and/or repeal pests such as you stated above. Again, while the company might swear the chemicals that they use to kill pests will not harm you - I am not that trusting.

One of my "secrets" is that I have several patches of lemon thyme planted in my yard. Natural pest repellent especially mosquitoes but seems to keep away the ticks and fleas as well

Plus, it smells awesome!

See:

https://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/hortnews/1993/5-26-1993/plant.html

I understand trying to use nature when possible, and so do companies. Terminix in fact sells a natural product to control bugs, see the link above.

As for mosquitoes, I prefer live predators, like bats or birds. If your neighborhood provides a habitat suitable to birds, you won't have a bug problem. Especially if the birds you attract eat on the wing. We have so many birds in our yard I dont need an alarm clock. They get me up every morning long before the sun comes up. I get even though, Ill run out side after dark and yell. Its a game we play. My wife thinks Im nuts. Pretty sure the neighbors do too. Once the chickadees have left the nest, Ill shake the tree. Me and mother nature get a long perfectly. Its people that have a hard time understanding me. :mrgreen: