TinBoats Twitter - Random posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmm chicken fried bacon and deep fried hotdogs

I'm gonna be eating this tomorrow!
MC4br.jpg

And that was the photo from the last time I made it!

Popeye said:
HANGEYE said:
My week end just got a bit longer. I'm off through February at least. =D> Now where is that ice? [-o<

Nice having that much time off. You ice fish Bago?

No ice on Bago yet - some of the slews are starting to ice up, and the shallow bays on BDM are starting, but nothing stable enough to play on.

Was up in Shawano today - ice is coming! :D =D>

Popeye said:
HANGEYE said:
My week end just got a bit longer. I'm off through February at least. =D> Now where is that ice? [-o<

Yes, but like wihil said, no ice yet. Thinking about heading north or to the Mississippi river for a while.

HANGEYE said:
Popeye said:
HANGEYE said:

Yes, but like wihil said, no ice yet. Thinking about heading north or to the Mississippi river for a while.

Oh yeah, still way too early for ice on a big lake. I'm just hoping we have better ice than last year.

Last year was one of my better years on Bago - whole lot of walking, though. Made me wish I had a sled or runner to get around.

Lotta forage in the lake this fall, fishing this winter should be interesting.

Dear Santa -

I've been a reasonably good person this year, and would humbly request a new Lund Alaskan 1600 with a 60hp Yammie and a fold hitch trailer. Any color would be nice.

Oh heck - any decent deep V 16' boat with a solid motor would be nice. I'm not picky.

In other news -

After drying out my shoes, socks, and pants, it would seem that the ice isn't quite thick enough yet. Might need a few weeks.

Popeye said:
Never got to get north last year. Down hee we had very poor ice and not many days of safe ice

St. Louis weather all weekend was in the 70s. Today's high of 76 degrees. Definitely NO ICE here!

I'm okay with that though...I'd rather fish the soft water and stay warm. :wink:

Freaking Monday. Stopped by my mother's house on the way home and heard water running. Discovered a spraying hot water line in the crawlspace. Shut off the water to the water heater so it's stopped. I fix it as I have to sit at home and wait for my gun safe to be delivered. One good thing is mom is still in the rehab center/nursing home and cold water is available for the cats and flushing.

Dear Santa,

Help me get career again so i can give my son a good christmas. Even just give me One single interview please and I don't care if I am still recovering from surgery I want and need to support my family again. I'm pretty sure I've done enough to earn that I mean c'mon man disabled firefighter and I'm only 22 and this is going to affect me for the rest of my life. I'm not asking for anything more than just a job.

Thanks

Buddychrist said:
Dear Santa,

Help me get career again so i can give my son a good christmas. Even just give me One single interview please and I don't care if I am still recovering from surgery I want and need to support my family again. I'm pretty sure I've done enough to earn that I mean c'mon man disabled firefighter and I'm only 22 and this is going to affect me for the rest of my life. I'm not asking for anything more than just a job.

Thanks

Don't think Santa can help here. Job market is tough. You will have to make it happen.

linehand said:
Don't think Santa can help here. Job market is tough. You will have to make it happen.

1200+ applications online and a few hundred over the past year in person. They just don't want to hire me because either I am "overqualified" or because they don't want a man that can't lift over 40lbs for life.

Yep I'm as we call it in the open bait casing reel world "bird nested".

Latest posts