TinBoats Twitter - Random posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buddychrist said:
Dear Santa,

Help me get career again so i can give my son a good christmas. Even just give me One single interview please and I don't care if I am still recovering from surgery I want and need to support my family again. I'm pretty sure I've done enough to earn that I mean c'mon man disabled firefighter and I'm only 22 and this is going to affect me for the rest of my life. I'm not asking for anything more than just a job.

Thanks

Been there done that. I ended up going back to school for Accounting after my back surgery. 10 years later, I'm right back to being a machinist. Can't wait for the economy to turn back around so I can try to put my degree to use. Eveery interview I've been to has 100's of people there looking to fill 1 or 2 positions.

sammyclaus056.jpg

SAMMY CLAUS​

Buddychrist said:
linehand said:
Don't think Santa can help here. Job market is tough. You will have to make it happen.

1200+ applications online and a few hundred over the past year in person. They just don't want to hire me because either I am "overqualified" or because they don't want a man that can't lift over 40lbs for life.

Yep I'm as we call it in the open bait casing reel world "bird nested".

Try volunteering or doing an apprenticeship (even if you are overqualified) You chances of landing a job are a 1000 percent better if you are out in the workforce showing your skill then sitting at home pumping out online applications

Hey Buddychrist, are you really ready to go back to work so soon? I couldn't do anything for a few months after my back was cut open. Even then I had to be on pain killers to walk or be on my feet much. Don't rush it back, let the bones grow and heal up.

BackWoodsTracker said:
Hey Buddychrist, are you really ready to go back to work so soon? I couldn't do anything for a few months after my back was cut open. Even then I had to be on pain killers to walk or be on my feet much. Don't rush it back, let the bones grow and heal up.

I'm not looking for a labor job just something like a secretary or behind a desk crunching numbers. They said ill never do hard labor again but then again they said I was gonna be in the hospital for four to five days and I was out less than 48 hours after the surgery was finished.

I'm young so I will bounce back pretty quick but I'm definitely not going to do hard labor again. It's just too much of a risk.

But you do make a good point! I am only three weeks out of surgery so I do see the risk of over working myself.

The only thing better than wade fishing is wade fishing in the SNOW! YAH BABY!

Any time the ice wants to get here would be great! I need another set of fleece liners, it's cold out in that water.

No snow in Florida, I'm walking outside in shorts and a Tshirt at night and I'm not even getting chilly.

Looks like its gonna be another beach day Christmas!

Latest posts